logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steven  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 10:23:19 PM(UTC)
Steven

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Remote Thumbnail Preview Image Extension

The Remote thumbnail Preview Image extension allows session thumbnails, or screenshots, on the General Tab to be hidden or shown by default, and exceptions to be allowed based on session group being used to access the session, or the logged on user.

The default settings is to hide the screenshot for all sessions regardless of session group or user accessing the sessions (global). Note that this is not the same as Disabling it, which requires editing the web.config file. Disabing it setting the GuestScreenshotMaxPixelCount web.config setting to 0 will prevent the server from capturing the screenshot at all (it will store a 0 pixel screenshot) in the database. You can find more info on how to do so here: http://forum.screenconne...en-Preview.aspx#post9727

This will, on the other hand, remove the default screenshot panel and add a replacement that will identify the session group and/or logged on user and use that, along with the defaults, to determine if the Screenshot should be included in the general tab.

The extension's Options > Edit Settings should be used to modify these default settings, if desired:
Extension Settings Modal

HideByDefault determines if the default behavior is to hide the thumbnails or not. This is set to 'true' by default. Setting it to 'false' will allow the images to be shown by default.

The SessionGroupExceptions option allows specifiying one or more session groups (comma separated list) where ALL users that have access to the group would be able to see, or not see, those screenshots (the opposite of the HideByDefault).

The UserExceptions works similarly, using the Display Name of the user as shown in the upper right corner in 5.0-5.6, and lower left corner in 6.0+, of the site when logged in. This is also a comma separated list.

In the image example, by default no users can see any session thumbnails except when accessing them through the "All Machines" group. Additionally, the "Administrator" user can see them on all sessions, regardless of group used to access the sessions.

If the "HideByDefault" was set to "false" instead, all users would be able to see the thumbnails except when using the All Machines group, and likewise, the Administrator user would not be able to see thumbnails regardless of what group they used to view the sessions.
ScreenConnect Team
tlucas  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:31:24 PM(UTC)
tlucas

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I like where you're going with this. For us, I really need to be able to have a list of computers that don't show a thumbnail. I don't want my people seeing the CEO playing solitaire. Really I need a list of computers that need my super admin credentials to do/see anything with, but that would have nothing to do with this extension.
seansco  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:17:50 PM(UTC)
seansco

Looks like the latest update has broke the session group and user exceptions (using firefox, not sure about other browsers)
jasgot  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:56:27 AM(UTC)
jasgot

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: seansco Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the latest update has broke the session group and user exceptions (using firefox, not sure about other browsers)

Broke in IE11 and Chrome also.

shourdsj  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:53:38 PM(UTC)
shourdsj

United States

Originally Posted by: seansco Go to Quoted Post

Yep. Definitely not working. Any update from the dev?

Crying