logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonhoaglin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:43:29 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Adds more pages to ScreenConnects navigation panel. Can load the page into an iFrame to create a seamless integration. Great for making ScreenConnect a more all-in-one support portal.

Here is an example of it in use (using a joomla site with an integrated theme):

UserPostedImage

Note: some sites, such as google, block the ability to use them in an iframe, turning the option for "OpenInFrame" to false, will make these links work as a regular link, though it will no longer have the SC navigation panel.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:16:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked jonhoaglin for this useful post.
Windyo on 1/9/2015(UTC)
Konceptech.net  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 4:37:55 PM(UTC)
Konceptech.net

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Very nice extension, thanks for the time you put in.

I just want to ask you if you know any ways to have https sites in the iframe, many sites simply don't appear.

I use an helpdesk service and a live chat dashboard, both are in https, but when i use them without iframe it work.

This is a bit annoying because the goal is to integrate all the tools in one place.

Thanks in advance!
jonhoaglin  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 4:19:28 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

It should be possible to do this with https. It's recommended you have screenconnect using https if you want to serve an https page inside an iframe on it though. And the business with ssl certificates can be a little tricky. I'll test it out a bit and see if I can get it going.
jessy5765  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 6:26:30 PM(UTC)
jessy5765

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We are going to try and rebuild this to HTTPS. I will let you know what we come up with.
Jessy5765
Network Engineer/Web Design & Hosting
Konceptech.net  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 7:21:19 PM(UTC)
Konceptech.net

Canada

Thanks, but i already use my SC installation with a SSL cert, it dont work with https
jonhoaglin  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 7:07:33 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

I currently have it working with an https page right now, without making any changes to the extension. I am not sure what could be causing this issue, but have heard from another user that the page just displays blank.

@Konceptech.net are you using v1.6.8 of this extension, and have you cleared out your cookies and retried? The sites you are trying to use; are they hosted internally? And if you don't mind sharing, what is the url you are using?
Konceptech.net  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:12:12 PM(UTC)
Konceptech.net

Canada

Originally Posted by: jonhoaglin Go to Quoted Post
I currently have it working with an https page right now, without making any changes to the extension. I am not sure what could be causing this issue, but have heard from another user that the page just displays blank.

@Konceptech.net are you using v1.6.8 of this extension, and have you cleared out your cookies and retried? The sites you are trying to use; are they hosted internally? And if you don't mind sharing, what is the url you are using?

Yes, i cleared the cache and cookies, the sites are my ticketing system (https://sdpondemand.manageengine.com/) and my livechat system (https://dashboard.zopim.com/).

I'm latest version of the extension, 1.6.8

I just got an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
FilthX  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:58:44 AM(UTC)
FilthX

Hey jonhoaglin,

thanks for the effort you put in building this extension for the community.

I have been trying to set this up in order to project my PC Repair Tracker website (more info http://pcrepairtracker.com/) which is a PHP/mySQL service management system configured to use http and not https, that I self host in the same IP address as my SC installation (Windows 2008) just on a different server (Debian with Apache).

I have no problem accessing both SC and PCRT both internally, using NAT loopback on my router and externally, on any browser. But unfortunately when I configure "more pages" extension to show me in the iframe my PCRT page (or any other page actually, tried many sites https or not) I get a white page with nothing on it every time. I can see the Guest, Host, Admin bar on the top of the window but nothing else. If I set False on the OpenInFrame the pages open without a problem. Tried Firefox 34.0.5 (latest), IE 11 (latest), Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m (latest), with all the extensions disabled and still no luck...

Would love to have the functionality your extension offers but infortunately it seems I can't and I don't know why. Any ideas?

FilthX
jonhoaglin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:02:13 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

The mystery increases. I tried out your URL's to see if it was something specific to those sites, but:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

And same thing for Filthx, when I try it appears as expected.

Can either of you post a screenshot of your extensions settings like this:

UserPostedImage

Another thought that comes to mind is that maybe it is browser or OS specific security settings. browser seems to be ruled out though as it was the same regardless of browser for Filthx. As for OS Specific I turned up all windows 7 security and privacy settings to maximum and the sites still show as expected...What OS are you using? Do you get the same result from a remote computer?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:03:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jacob  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:06:42 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Man
United States

I was playing around with this yesterday as well. No luck with getting sites to show up (same behavior reported by the other two guys).

I'll try to get back to you with some findings. I got interrupted yesterday while trying to track down the issue; what I do know is that the iframe's source was never being assigned from within the Frame's script tag.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:17:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
jonhoaglin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:16:39 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

Hi Jacob,

Any security settings that might be blocking the cookies? Can you verify if the cookies are being set similar to these:

UserPostedImage

I have found some settings that mess it up in IE, but nothing that can break it in all browsers...
FilthX  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 10:20:25 PM(UTC)
FilthX

Hey jonhoaglin

I have tested this on windows 7, 8, 8.1, XP and Linux mint 17. Always the same behaviour. So here is the screenshot of the settings you asked for.
screenshot

Hope it helps...

FilthX
Jacob  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 3:47:00 PM(UTC)
Jacob

Man
United States

Update on my findings from yesterday:

I looked into the cookies present on my browser after Jonathan's suggestion that cookies might be blocked. No luck on that. However, I noticed that the only cookie displayed when I loaded one of the extension's Frames was the .ASPXAUTH session cookie. So, it appears that my browser is not creating the cookie. I slightly modified the comments inside Jonathan's conditional statement that handles cookie setting:

Code:

JS: getCookie returns null
JS: cookieName - FrameURL0SampleButton1
JS: cookiedomain - cali
JS: Attempting to set cooke - FrameURL0SampleButton1=http://www.sample.com;expires=Thu, 18 Dec 2200 12:00:00 UTC;domain=cali;path=/
JS: cookie set - 

So it appears that the issue lies somewhere in here:

Code:

var cookieName = "FrameURL"+x+eval("extensionContext.settingValues.LinkDisplayName"+x);
if(getCookie(cookieName) === ""){
	console.log(cookieName);
	console.log(cookiedomain);
	document.cookie = cookieName+"="+eval("extensionContext.settingValues.LinkTargetURL"+x)+";expires=Thu, 18 Dec 2200 12:00:00 UTC;domain="+cookiedomain+";path=/";
	console.log("cookie should be set");
}

If I get a chance in the next day or two, I'll try to figure out why IE, Firefox, and Chrome are all not setting the cookie with 'document.cookie'.

Edited by user Thursday, January 8, 2015 3:48:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
jonhoaglin  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:42:54 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

I've cleaned the code up a bit, swapped out some methods, and uploaded a v1.6.9, waiting for SC approval.
If anyone wants to report back after it's been updated?

Edit: now waiting for v1.7 to be approved
Fixed an issue with IE not parsing document.cookie correctly.
Changed the file structure a bit.
Added a loading indicator to the blank iframe.

Would like to know if any of these changes have fixed your issues, as I still cannot replicate it in my testing.

Edited by user Friday, January 9, 2015 12:03:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: update

Windyo  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 2:41:36 PM(UTC)
Windyo

France

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi jonhoaglin,

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for this great extension. That is all !

Cheers
FilthX  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 1:42:13 PM(UTC)
FilthX

Hey dude,

just upgraded to 1.7.0 and everything is OK!

In case you have a donations paypal so we can buy you a beer, let us know.

Thanks again,
FilthX
nunoleite  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:11:03 PM(UTC)
nunoleite

Portugal

Hi!

Is it possible to add this pages to the Guest page? Like the Extras without any login needed?

Now this only appears after login.

Thanks
Nuno Leite
tlucas  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:32:43 PM(UTC)
tlucas

United States

Our Spiceworks link doesn't work if using IE, but does work in Firefox/Chrome.

+1 to have this on the Guest page.
jonhoaglin  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:32:17 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

Adding the links to the Guest page was a good idea and easier to implement than I first thought, Version 1.7.5 is now uploaded and waiting for approval.

@tlucas, Can you provide a more information as o what you mean by 'doesn't work'? Do you mean the link isn't showing? Page doesn't load? etc, also what version of IE?
tlucas  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:40:59 PM(UTC)
tlucas

United States

This is what happens as an iframe (default). I let it go the entire time while getting the screenshot, uploading it and writing this post and it is still just spinning.

If I set it to not use an iframe then it opens normally. I'm not entirely opposed to opening outside of it, but is there a way of making it a new tab instead of taking over the page?

UserPostedImage
nunoleite  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:08:34 AM(UTC)
nunoleite

Portugal

Hi!

I'm already using the new version in the guest page, and it's great.

Thanks
Nuno Leite
rich2323  
#22 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 2:24:23 PM(UTC)
rich2323

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Thanks for the extension!

I have the same issue as tlucas. I am using Chrome. If I right click and open link in new tab it works fine, but if I click the link it just gives me with white spinning circle. Is there any way for me to open the links in a new tab without right clicking?

Rich
rich2323  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 2:43:39 PM(UTC)
rich2323

k, another weird issue, is that I have two links configured. I wanted one to show on the guest page and the other not to. Check the guest page and both are on the page. So I make both links false for the guest page and both are still showing on the guest page. Any suggestions?

Rich
Luke  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:57:39 PM(UTC)
Luke

United Kingdom

Awesome extention! thanks for the time that you have put into this and making it available. I just have a few questions, I have added my ticketing system as another page but if I click host it will lose the page that I was on on my ticketing system, is it possible to have it so that I can switch between the "Host" tab and the "Ticketing" tab without losing my place?
MSSMflow  
#25 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 5:04:40 PM(UTC)
MSSMflow

United States

Nice. I like the potential.

One thing I would like to see is it only opens in the Details panel and keeps the Master selection panel visible (so I can toggle quickly between my added page and the Sessions list).

Cheers!
-cbb
Luke  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:29:44 PM(UTC)
Luke

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: MSSMflow Go to Quoted Post
Nice. I like the potential.

One thing I would like to see is it only opens in the Details panel and keeps the Master selection panel visible (so I can toggle quickly between my added page and the Sessions list).

Cheers!
-cbb

You can do this, just make sure that it is set to open in an iFrame, this should mean that you keep your master selection bar visible.
MSSMflow  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:44:49 PM(UTC)
MSSMflow

United States

Right. I did open in an iFrame. The iFrame is everything below the master selection bar (Guest, Host, Admin, More).

What I would find more useful is if the iFrame were bound by the Master selection bar AND the Sessions panel (left side of window; Support, Meet, Access). That way I can click directly to a Session Group instead of first clicking to Hosts.

Clicks are precious. The more I save the better I feel!

-cbb
niwrik  
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:51:20 PM(UTC)
niwrik

United States

FYI - Had a small issue with this plugin, but working great for me now.

See thread here, RE: error if tab name contains empty character:

http://forum.screenconne...extension.aspx#post24825
yinfante  
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:15:04 PM(UTC)
yinfante

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Guys,

Let me provide an update on the above request.

I was able to increase the amount of Links by installing the "Extension Developer" add-on and Cloning the Initial "More Pages" extension. it gave me another three links.

Still dont know a way around the iframe option. when i select that option screenconnect remains in a loop.

Does any one know a way to lower the font size of the link labels in the "More Pages" extension. I just want them to look different than the Screen Connect Actual menus.

Thanks in advance,
thanks 1 user thanked yinfante for this useful post.
MrEastwood on 1/24/2016(UTC)
taptechit  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 9:19:08 PM(UTC)
taptechit

United States

Would love to get this to work so I can load up my MaxFocus dashboard and Repair Shopr Dashboard in iFrames! But alas, no dice :(

I'm running SC on a Windows 2012 R2 server, and using the "piggyback SSL" feature. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Error screen says:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /App_Extensions/9ea30252-608d-4afe-bc3b-b5881b939025/Frame.aspx
taptechit  
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:36:35 PM(UTC)
taptechit

United States

I believe my issue is the domain name of my screenconnect install, as well as the trailing / that is required for piggybackSSL.

My SC domain is subdomain.mydomain.com/remotesupport/

When I hover over the additional pages button, the links go to subdomain.mydomain.com/yadayada instead of subdomain.mydomain.com/remotesupport/yadayada
jonhoaglin  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:33:38 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

Made a couple changes to the way it was building the link URLs, which should fix some of these issues, version 1.8 is submitted and awaiting SC approval.
Jesseb  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:11:43 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
@taptechit I'm having the same issue with Repair Shopr. What's weird is the user portal link works in the iframe, but not the tech/admin login.
MrEastwood  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:36:13 AM(UTC)
MrEastwood

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I'm having another weird issue. It only works with 2 "More Pages". If I add a third (into LinkTargetURL2) it never appears on the menu. I attempted using a simple URL like google, I tried a single word with no spaces, iframe/no iframe, I tried disabling then re-enabling the extension, and I tried restarting the SC services, nothing worked. Running on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Anyone else having this issue?
Jesseb  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:39:06 AM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Originally Posted by: MrEastwood Go to Quoted Post
I'm having another weird issue. It only works with 2 "More Pages". If I add a third (into LinkTargetURL2) it never appears on the menu. I attempted using a simple URL like google, I tried a single word with no spaces, iframe/no iframe, I tried disabling then re-enabling the extension, and I tried restarting the SC services, nothing worked. Running on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yep, I've noticed this too.
MrEastwood  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:00:42 AM(UTC)
MrEastwood

United States

Oh for goodness sakes, it was sooo simple i feel like an idiot. First setting is "NumberOfLinks" just change that to 3. I have no idea how I missed that setting!
Jesseb  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:07:26 AM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Originally Posted by: MrEastwood Go to Quoted Post
Oh for goodness sakes, it was sooo simple i feel like an idiot. First setting is "NumberOfLinks" just change that to 3. I have no idea how I missed that setting!

Not for me. I should be more clear... I have the "Showforguest2" flag as 'true' but it does not show up on the guest page when not logged in. I want to show 4 links at the top, but only 3 will show. Not a huge issue, just happened to notice =)
dwallis  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 4:32:02 PM(UTC)
dwallis

United States

First of all - awesome extension! Is there a way to have the links open up in a new window or tab? The open in iFrame option is not working for me and a simple fix would be to open in a new tab/window. I right click on it now and choosing open in new tab.

Thanks!
MOakes  
#39 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 10:34:22 PM(UTC)
MOakes

United States

Has HTTPS been fixed? My SC is HTTP... does it need to be HTTPS? I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Can't get HTTPS links to work.
jonhoaglin  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:09:31 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

Hi Folks, I have made a couple very minor changes and uploaded version 1.9, which is now waiting for SC approval.

Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing any issues with this version of the extension.
Scott  
#41 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2016 1:19:26 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
FYI, I have approved Version 1.9 of this extension into the extension marketplace.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
jonhoaglin on 6/3/2016(UTC)
promptcare  
#42 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:19:09 AM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Is there any option to markup the text? Basic HTML <b> doesn't work and I'd like to be able to highlight the links somehow.
ahmed.deghiedy  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 3:11:00 PM(UTC)
ahmed.deghiedy

Egypt

Hi,
When i setup a page to open up in iframe so to keep the host page open it keeps giving the circle to load forever and not opening the page in the iframe but if i set it to open in a browser window it opens up normally - what is the problem that causes that?

Thanks
cps2  
#44 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:02:38 PM(UTC)
cps2

United States

Love the extension. However I just upgraded ScreenConnect to version 6 and now this extension no longer works. I've tried tweaking various settings, disabling, re-enabling, etc., but I get nothing. Am I missing something?
promptcare  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:20:51 AM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I must have upgraded shortly after my last post as the extension is no longer working for me either. What's more - the "LogoPanel.Icon" has a stripped down version of the link I'd entered and is missing the ":###/subfolder" part containing the port and, well, the rest. The main banner itself has no link at all.

Sorry if that's a bit vague but I can provide more info in a PM if requested.
MrEastwood  
#46 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 8:37:42 PM(UTC)
MrEastwood

United States

I contacted the author via the email link in his profile, nothing so far. Would really like this updated if possible. Was a critical part of my page.
jonhoaglin  
#47 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 11:04:46 PM(UTC)
jonhoaglin

United States

Sorry folks, I will no longer be updating or working on this extension, or any of my other screenconnect extensions.

Developing these extensions was a personal project I took on to try and help my own support team. However it quickly became apparent that due to lack of documentation and my own lack of skill, it is too impractical and time consuming to write extensions, debug them, support them on here, and update them when necessary.
Believe it or not, my own support team never ended up making much use of my extensions anyway.

While they are a great idea, and I applaud screenconnect for making their product as modular and extensible as they have, it is much easier to go with a premade solution.

If anyone would like to take over, they are more than welcome to clone and edit any of my extensions, and even upload/submit their modifications to screenconnect. I don't require any credit or anything.
thanks 2 users thanked jonhoaglin for this useful post.
MrEastwood on 10/24/2016(UTC), dwallis on 10/24/2016(UTC)
MrEastwood  
#48 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 11:08:50 PM(UTC)
MrEastwood

United States

I gave you a "thanks" for developing it in the first place. Appreciate you dropping in to update us, at least now I can pursue another path. Cheers mate