logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drps  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 11:16:14 PM(UTC)
drps

United States

Hello All, we are debating the switch from ConnectWise hosted ScreenConnect server to a on-prem or hosted elsewhere. The lack of customization's and system access we have has driven me mad. I have read through the system requirements and through some forum posts so I have a good idea on what he hardware specs need to be but there is little to no information on bandwidth requirements. We currently host 475 possible sessions and usually average 3-4 concurrent connections max.
Can anyone offer any additional input on system spec's and provide an estimate on bandwidth requirements.

Thanks in advance, and happy new year!!
ckibodeaux  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 7:53:16 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
This post is old, but may help you.

http://forum.screenconne...Questions.aspx#post11752
drps  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:28:07 AM(UTC)
drps

United States

This did actually help quite a bit. I didn't realize just how minimal the bandwidth footprint really is. I'm thinking hosting with a VPS provider will really be the way to go.
ckibodeaux  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 5:38:25 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
The 6.1 beta has some new algorithms that are supposed to improve speed as well. Haven't tested much as my development server is local so the connection is always great.

In production we use a DigitalOcean host, Ubuntu 16.04 x64 with 512 MB RAM, 1 Connection and performance has always been great. Looking at the bandwidth usage when an active connection is in use has been minimal.

Bandwidth