logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jason8  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:13:03 PM(UTC)
jason8

United States

Hello all,

I've been using ScreenConnect for years at my job, and it's been fantastic. One thing that's always bugged me is that there's no easy way to install a permanent session from a temporary session. Everyone mentions throwing an installer in the toolbox, but there's no identifiable information in the name, and it's always the same.

I read in another thread that you can use whatever information in the host's General tab for naming sessions... but through lots of searching, I haven't been able to find exactly how to use this. We utilize a NOC server that has all of our client's public IP addresses listed in it, so I'd like to make a permanent session installer that's named "Public.IP - MachineName" by default. This way I have a direct correlation to reference and it should never be duplicated. I've been searching the forums for two hours and haven't found anything quite like this in any of the tips and tricks or support areas.

So is it possible, and if so, how would I go about making this "universal" installer?

Thanks in advance!
kemartinez1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:27:47 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey Jason,

We're making it possible to easily turn a support session into an access session in 6.1. Once you try to install an access agent on the machine currently connected to a support session, the build installer will appear so you may rename the session and complete any addition fields you may have, but I am not sure if the naming setup you follow ("Public.IP - MachineName") can populate the name field automatically.

Output Steam: http://forum.screenconne...pics9_Output-Stream.aspx
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 2 users thanked kemartinez1 for this useful post.
jason8 on 10/19/2016(UTC), joshgay on 1/20/2017(UTC)
jason8  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:43:13 PM(UTC)
jason8

United States

Actually, that will work just fine if it's getting named by the technician right away. I've seen that other users keep a generic installer file in their toolbox for this process, but that's very cumbersome to work with, especially if multiple technicians are installing permanent access at the same time. I was just looking for a way to do that but have some sort of unique identification that is also something that we can reference to rename the sessions in the future.

I appreciate the quick response, and I'm now super excited for 6.1!
joshgay  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:04:02 PM(UTC)
joshgay

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
One can enable more than one "field" in the "build installer" dialog, and build more than one "generic", they can go to the same "session group" with dynamic subgroups based on the additional CustomPropertyX assigned. (i.e. that custom property relating to the tech).
cristobalcat  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 5:37:39 PM(UTC)
cristobalcat

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hope my comment here would give some help, if not, please remove it:

Note: I'm assuming you are connected to a NON-Admin windows credential (like standard user/low lvl account), if remote pc is logged in as admin credential, it shouldn't be any problem from where you install it from.

What I saw is, in order to install a permanent installation from temp connection you need 4 things:

1- You need at least 1 Windows admin credential/account previously active in that pc. If not, don't keep reading.

2- Get the UAC down to zero. It will block your side of the screen asking dumb questions and you won't go further from there. (for me, in fact, UAC is totally useless, virus/malware pass it so easily, users won't). That's way I always disable it right from the beginning in any pc I touch.

3- .exe files must be dropped inside a common folder, not within any user's credential (specially if it is not admin lvl).i.e: c:\xxxxfolder, not c:\users.... This is ESSENTIAL. It's about access lvl as well.

4- THEN, you can SHIFT+Right click it and RUN AS OTHER USER & it MUST be admin credencial. DO NOT RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR , it will block your screen as well.

After that, it's done. As you can see, in this way, it ALWAYS works for me. But you need those 4 steps.

So, IDK how you guys can actually make it work, AT LEAST you can try change the 'toolbox' default location as I mentioned above, however, if the user's credential is NOT admin, you will run with the same problem, I guess.

Good luck.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2017 5:41:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified