logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KBrownConsulting  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:38:49 PM(UTC)
KBrownConsulting

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Before I rant, let me start by saying I love ScreenConnect & I've appreciated having the Feature Requests consolidated into User Echo where they are easier to find & track. Now with that said...

I've ignored it up till now but it's just getting so ridiculous I have to say something:

Why are you guys constantly changing the status of the User Echo Feature Requests?!

Here's just one example of a request that's literally had the following status changes:

1. Under Review (Ticket Opened)
  2. Started
  3. Under Review
  4. Started
  5. Planned
  6. Under Review
  7. Started

I've tried to come up with good reasons for it so I can just ignore it but frankly nothing I can come up with makes me feel any better: User error? Indecision? Some kind of internal business process that we can't see that affects the ticket status?

The last one would be somewhat acceptable except that it still results in the status essentially being useless. I think the thing that is ultimately the most frustrating is that I monitor a bunch of the items so I get email notifications every time the status changes and getting an email that simply reminds me that I can't trust what you set the status to is pretty frustrating. Especially when several of the top feature requests would greatly simplify my life if they were implemented.

Confused Cursing Crying
Please stop playing with my emotions.

End Rant.
Jesseb  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:13:44 AM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Agreed...and while we're on topic of User Echo, the top 10 upvoted feature requests seem to not be going anywhere, at least according to their status'...with an average age of just under 1 year old, everything is "Pending Review", "Under Review", or have been changed back and forth as stated above.
MerijnB  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:08:59 PM(UTC)
MerijnB

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jesseb Go to Quoted Post
Agreed...and while we're on topic of User Echo, the top 10 upvoted feature requests seem to not be going anywhere, at least according to their status'...with an average age of just under 1 year old, everything is "Pending Review", "Under Review", or have been changed back and forth as stated above.

It's hard to reply to this without going rant mode Mellow

I'm afraid it shows how well ConnectWise is listening to their customers Mad
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:04:25 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
The statuses within UserEcho are linked directly to each issue's status within Jira, our issue tracking/SDLC-managing software. What you're seeing is the issue going through each department (ie Product Management prioritizing, UI/UX being assigned and designing how it should look, and then development receiving the issue, scheduling it, and queuing it out to a developer). Basically each department/team has a 'Review' and 'In-Progress'-like status that translates somewhat poorly back into UserEcho. It's not that we're indecisive about the issue, its that the integration between Jira and UserEcho doesn't support (or we haven't configured it correctly) the different statuses in which each issue can be. I'll make sure to ask the PM who is in charge of the two investigate if there's a better way to specify the correct status within UserEcho.

Quote:

Pretty much each of these items within the top 10 rated issues require significant architectural changes in order to implement. To us, this means they sit in a special 'Architect' status because they require other changes that aren't displayed/reflected within UserEcho. I guess to phrase it a little easier, if you were going to build a house, your to-do list wouldn't have a single item 'Build House'. Instead you'd break it into modular components like 'Lay Foundation' and 'Construct Walls' (probably even deeper). To us, these items in the top 10 are epics that have multiple sub-items/sub-tasks to which they are not connected outside of our issue tracking software.

Quote:
I'm afraid it shows how well ConnectWise is listening to their customers

We chose to use the UserEcho tool specifically because we wanted a more efficient way to listen to our customers. While this forum is a great way in which we can interact, it is extremely poor for tracking interest in features. For some of the reasons I mentioned above we know it's not perfect, but it does provide a more streamlined system to gauge priorities from people who use the application every day.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
Jesseb on 1/18/2017(UTC)
Jesseb  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:29:24 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
We chose to use the UserEcho tool specifically because we wanted a more efficient way to listen to our customers.

Thank you Scott for the clarification. I thought the trusty ol forums was an efficient way to listen to your customers Blushing
KBrownConsulting  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:47:38 PM(UTC)
KBrownConsulting

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
The statuses within UserEcho are linked directly to each issue's status within Jira, our issue tracking/SDLC-managing software. What you're seeing is the issue going through each department (ie Product Management prioritizing, UI/UX being assigned and designing how it should look, and then development receiving the issue, scheduling it, and queuing it out to a developer). Basically each department/team has a 'Review' and 'In-Progress'-like status that translates somewhat poorly back into UserEcho. It's not that we're indecisive about the issue, its that the integration between Jira and UserEcho doesn't support (or we haven't configured it correctly) the different statuses in which each issue can be. I'll make sure to ask the PM who is in charge of the two investigate if there's a better way to specify the correct status within UserEcho.

Thank you for the response Scott. I figured that might be the case. While it is helpful to better understand the situation, if it's possible to get better integration between Jira & UserEcho I think all of us here in the forum would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again.
Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:39:36 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Quote:
... I thought the trusty ol forums was an efficient way to listen to your customers

It's a great way to both listen and interact with you guys but it's not the best at aggregating opinions in a way that translates efficiently into prioritization. For the most part I enjoy participating in this forum; I have a hard time thinking of other situations where it's possible to have such a direct line of communication with an application's development team. Since the acquisition, our customer base has grown considerably and relying upon these forums alone for new feature/bug feedback was just too inefficient.

Quote:
While it is helpful to better understand the situation, if it's possible to get better integration between Jira & UserEcho I think all of us here in the forum would greatly appreciate it!

I can't promise anything but I'll make sure someone takes a closer look at what else can be done. I've only briefly looked at the integration and I remember thinking that it was relatively limited, but that was probably ~1 year ago and perhaps things are different.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
futura on 1/19/2017(UTC)
shawnkhall  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:41:12 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I think just annotating which dept/division performed or is waiting on their 'review' would be a good start. That doesn't just communicate with us, but helps to keep each dept visibly accountable to your customer base.
Scott  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 3:05:09 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Quote:
I think just annotating which dept/division performed or is waiting on their 'review' would be a good start. That doesn't just communicate with us, but helps to keep each dept visibly accountable to your customer base.

Absolutely, I've raised the issue with the PM team and they're going to review and see what can be done. I believe they're going to add a few more statuses within UserEcho and you should keep an eye out for that in the next few days. Right now, our internal statuses within Jira don't necessarily make sense externally so it'll take some refinement to make it clear.
ScreenConnect Team