logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LNE  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:14:45 PM(UTC)
LNE

United States

I need this app to be fully branded as my company product.

When my clients see this app (view attached) on their computers, they freak out and un-install the agent.
This limits my resources to help them and stay in business.

I need it to have my company name instead of the highlighted in attached docs.

Please help as I cannot use this due to end user security.

Thanks

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Alexander  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:53:37 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 63 post(s)
The first two can be changed by editing the .msi file with Orca/SuperOrca and changing the ProductName property. I'm not sure about the third one, though.
ScreenConnect Team
MikhailJB  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:30:04 AM(UTC)
MikhailJB

Australia

Originally Posted by: Alexander Go to Quoted Post
The first two can be changed by editing the .msi file with Orca/SuperOrca and changing the ProductName property. I'm not sure about the third one, though.

Hi,
you can definatley customise the MSI with the third option that user LNE is asking for.
I am still new to customisation so still seeing what is possible and permitted in a complete customisation of ScreenConnect.

https://www.hostingworx.com.au/w...pportTaskManagerView.png

[img]null[/img]

Regards,
The_Presidents  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 1:06:21 PM(UTC)
The_Presidents

Good to know that this is possible, but how?

thanks.
sllewji  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 11:41:03 AM(UTC)
sllewji

United Kingdom

My company is currently trialling ScreenConnect (5.0.7472.5350) and is also very keen to see these values re-branded.
However, Even after changing the indicated property in the .msi file (which was set to "TBD" by default, the product name still appears as "ScreenConnect Client" after install.

Any more ideas anyone can share?

sllewji  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 1:11:42 PM(UTC)
sllewji

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: sllewji Go to Quoted Post

My company is currently trialling ScreenConnect (5.0.7472.5350) and is also very keen to see these values re-branded.
However, Even after changing the indicated property in the .msi file (which was set to "TBD" by default, the product name still appears as "ScreenConnect Client" after install.

Any more ideas anyone can share?

OK - I made some more progress - I may have been misunderstanding Alexander's suggestion.

If I download the installer in MSI format using the installation builder, I can edit it with Orca and make it work as I want.
However, if I edit the original msi file in the bin folder of the ScreenConnect server, the changes get overwritten by the time the resultant exe or msi get downloaded.

So my amended question is - is it possible to re-brand the unattended installer such that the builder interface can still be used without losing the rebranding?

Alexander  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:51:09 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

No, that's not possible at the moment.
ScreenConnect Team
sllewji  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:22:59 AM(UTC)
sllewji

United Kingdom

No, that's not possible at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback Alexander.

We have a couple of outstanding issues before we can make our decision to go with ScreenConnect.

- given that we have passable workaround for rebranding with the modified .msi file - is it possible to configure the client installation and upgrade processes to use this modified file instead of the default method when installing or upgrading to newer ScreenConnect versions? We will be targetting over 100 unattended clients and manually upgrading them using the modified msi would be very onerous.
i.e. perhaps it would be possible to put together an extension to acheive this?

Longer term, do you think that you will continue to make ScreenConnect _more_ capable of being fully rebranded?
i.e.
- will it be possible to rename the running client related executables to something other than Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientService.exe / Elsinore.ScreenConnect.WindowsClient.exe and change the descriptions that appear in TaskManager etc?
- Will the current level of rebranding available for unattended clients via modification of the msi file be possible through the "normal" methods of establish new Sessions / Meetings / Unattended Client installations?

Thanks for your consideration.

Alexander  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:04:32 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Well, you can run commands on all your unattendeds at once, and it shouldn't be too hard to make one to download and run the modified msi. I'm not sure if Windows has a good built-in way to download a file from the command line, but there are some suggestions here, for example. And running the msi can be easily done with msiexec /i filepath.

In the long term, we certainly want to expand the available customization options, and I do believe that this stuff will be possible.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Alexander for this useful post.
sllewji on 9/12/2014(UTC)
sllewji  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 7:09:45 AM(UTC)
sllewji

United Kingdom

Well, you can run commands on all your unattendeds at once, and it shouldn't be too hard to make one to download and run the modified msi. I'm not sure if Windows has a good built-in way to download a file from the command line, but there are some suggestions here, for example. And running the msi can be easily done with msiexec /i filepath.

In the long term, we certainly want to expand the available customization options, and I do believe that this stuff will be possible.

Hi Alexander - thanks for your feedback.

I've used a copy of the "Guest Full Installer Builder" extension as a template to enable clients to run our modified msi directly from the guest screen.
And I've also tested your suggestion to run commands on mulitple clients by using bitsadmin and msiexec, which has proven to be a very viable workaround.

I am very encouraged by your comment regarding longer term support for more in-depth rebranding and sincerely hope that we will see further steps towards this in the near future.
promptcare  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:04:27 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Why not rename it in the registry, post-install?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\DF56CF56AD094C84AA3A7876DFB44DC5\ProductName. Changing it on my system from "ScreenConnect Client (ea64081717302402)" to "Prompt Care Remote Care" works just fine for the Add/Remove page.

I suppose you could bend over backwards to rename the Service but I doubt most end-users even know what a Service is.

Select all workstations, and send this command:

reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\DF56CF56AD094C84AA3A7876DFB44DC5" /v ProductName /t reg_sz /d "Your Company Name" /f

Obviously, check the GUID (DF56...) part on a hands-on machine before sending that out.

Edited by user Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:05:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

point99trash2011  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 3:46:24 AM(UTC)
point99trash2011

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: promptcare Go to Quoted Post
Why not rename it in the registry, post-install?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\DF56CF56AD094C84AA3A7876DFB44DC5\ProductName. Changing it on my system from "ScreenConnect Client (ea64081717302402)" to "Prompt Care Remote Care" works just fine for the Add/Remove page.

I suppose you could bend over backwards to rename the Service but I doubt most end-users even know what a Service is.

reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\DF56CF56AD094C84AA3A7876DFB44DC5" /v ProductName /t reg_sz /d "Your Company Name" /f

Obviously, check the GUID (DF56...) part on a hands-on machine before sending that out.

This works great, now if only there was a fast way to locate the GUID faster and run this on all machines rapidly, or even copy and paste it into the command box, having replaced the DF56CF56AD094C84AA3A7876DFB44DC5 with something along the lines of Client.GUID, or whatever syntax it would need to read the GUID from ScreenConnect.
promptcare  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 5:41:47 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: point99trash2011 Go to Quoted Post
This works great, now if only there was a fast way to ... run this on all machines rapidly, or even copy and paste it into the command box, ....
This is EXACTLY what I was suggesting.
point99trash2011  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 5:54:27 PM(UTC)
point99trash2011

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: point99trash2011 Go to Quoted Post
This works great, now if only there was a fast way to ... run this on all machines rapidly, or even copy and paste it into the command box, ....
This is EXACTLY what I was suggesting.

The only problem with this is the GUID is different on each and every machine :( so that command would need variable replacement, which I am not sure sent commands have that functionality.
XeXo  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 10:21:01 AM(UTC)
XeXo

Australia

The only problem with this is the GUID is different on each and every machine :( so that command would need variable replacement, which I am not sure sent commands have that functionality.

The command 'reg query "HKCR\Installer\Products" /s /f ScreenConnect' should bring up the GUID for a systems installation to then use with the reg add command.
Alexander  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 2:36:00 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Sent commands do have variable replacement; they're just passed to cmd.exe, which does all the parsing and stuff. However, ordinary variables don't persist from one command to the next, but you can use shift+enter to have multiple lines in a single command.
ScreenConnect Team
garryfoster  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:27:07 AM(UTC)
garryfoster

United States

I have heard many from this app, and am also curious how this one works with my current project branding.