logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gerardobrien  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:55:28 AM(UTC)
gerardobrien

Australia

Hey guys,

I'm about to install the trial on premises software however i have some questions about the database configuration.

We will be hosting the server internally on a Windows Server. We will most likely have over 3000 access machines, and around 20 staff accessing the server.

I've read allot of posts about database issues, can anyone tell me if we can use SQL or MYSQL? I've seen other posts regarding this, but do screenconnect have an official method?

Has anyone else got experience running ScreenConnect in an enterprise environment?

Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:00:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 1:39:12 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Officially we do not recommend using MSSQL or MySQL, although it's certainly possible and a number of users have done so, you can likely find write ups or guides within this forum (just a site: google search yields a few here).

The main problem with SQLite is that it doesn't handle very large databases too well, we typically consider a SQLite database to be large if it's >1GB. The best coarse of action to reduce the size of the database is to enable a Database Maintenance Plan from the Database tab on the Administration page. This will have ScreenConnect automatically remove old/unnecessary information and thus maintain a healthy size of the database.

Now, in 6.1 we changed the server process to run in 64bit which has significantly improved how we are able to handle large databases in terms of startup time and general load times. Also, in 6.2, we're adding granular options for the database maintenance plan so you can be more specific on what information you want to keep vs what information you no longer need.

While 3000 Access sessions and up to ~20 concurrent users is a larger implementation of ScreenConnect (probably top 15-20%), it's certainly not our largest. In general, we love SSDs and recommend them for any on-premise installation. As long as you use a Database Maintenance Plan to maintain a healthy size for your database then I do not expect you to run into any issues.
ScreenConnect Team
krutz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:21:40 AM(UTC)
krutz

United States

We have 6000 Access sessions and we are running the default setup of screenconnect using SQLite. We have ~30 people accessing it from multiple locations and we only experience issues when rebooting the screenconnect server. Waiting for all machines to check in can take awhile. We also have ~15GB in our Toolbox and it is still very quick. I will say that we are running on a Nimble San with SSD cache, 4 CPU and 16 GB of ram, so that may be why ours has performed so well.