logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ntroncoso  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:41:53 PM(UTC)
ntroncoso

United States

I wrote custom SC extension that does 2 very simple things:

Code:
public Guid FindSession(string name)
{
	var session = SessionManagerPool.Demux.GetSessions().FirstOrDefault(s => s.Name == name);
	if (session == null)
		 return new Guid();

return session.SafeNav(s => s.SessionID);
}

public Guid FindOrCreateSession(string name, string host)
{
	var session = SessionManagerPool.Demux.GetSessions().FirstOrDefault(s => s.Name == name);

if (session == null)
		session = SessionManagerPool.Demux.CreateSession(SessionType.Support, name, host, false, name);

return session.SafeNav(s => s.SessionID);
}

As you can see, the second method "FindOrCreateSession" is just a copy of what came from the start template. It still seems to work.

The first method "FindSession" is what doesn't work. It is suppose to get a session Guid by name, if it exists. That's all.

I use this in PHP like this:

Code:
$session = file_get_contents("https://sc.company.com/App_Extensions/68646de4-bab4-4a1b-aa17-4271b3d3defb/Service.ashx/FindSession/" . $sessionName);
if (!empty($session) && trim($session, '"') != "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000")
{
    // The session exists. Do things
}
else
{
    // Session does not exist. Do other things
}

My issue, after upgrading from 5.6.10957.6018 > 6.1.12292.6236, is that the method always returns "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" now.

I did some digging, and it turns out that the name being passed in is always null. I test this with an example method:

Code:
public string test(string name)
{
    return "name===" + name + "===";
}

Calling:

Quote:
https://sc.company.com/App_Extensions/68646de4-bab4-4a1b-aa17-4271b3d3defb/Service.ashx/test/SampleSessionName

Will return "name======"

What has changed that this doesn't work anymore?
Alexander  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:23:02 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 63 post(s)
In 6.0, we disabled passing web-method parameters via GET to protect against CSRF attacks.
You'll need to send the request as POST, with the parameters as a JSON array in the body of the request (like ["sessionname"] or ["sessionname", "host"]).

(Alternatively, you could put <add key="WebServiceAllowHttpGetOperations" value="true" /> in your web.config to make it act like before, but that's not recommended as a long-term fix.)
ScreenConnect Team