logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben B  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:14:30 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
ServiceNow Integration

I’m happy to announce that the ServiceNow Integration extension is now available in the ScreenConnect Extension Browser. The corresponding ScreenConnect Integration scoped application is available in the ServiceNow App Store.

The integration enables ServiceNow technicians to create and join ScreenConnect remote support sessions directly from ServiceNow incidents. After a technician ends a ServiceNow-integrated support session, ScreenConnect automatically sends session summary information back to ServiceNow, which is subsequently integrated with the corresponding ServiceNow incident. This makes it very easy to review and audit ScreenConnect session information without leaving a ServiceNow incident.

The following information is sent back to ServiceNow each time a technician ends a session:

• Guest and host connection durations
  • Chat history
  • Session event history
  • Session connection event history
  • Note history
  • Session capture download links (available when extended auditing is enabled on the ScreenConnect server)

Please download the attached document for comprehensive integration guidance.

Integration Configuration

ServiceNow Integration Extension Settings

• ScreenConnectServerBaseUrl: Base ScreenConnect URL used to generate responses to incoming API calls from ServiceNow
  • ServiceNowServerBaseUrl: Base ServiceNow URL used to generate outbound POST requests containing session details after a Host ends a ServiceNow-integrated ScreenConnect support session
  • ServiceNowServerUsername: ServiceNow user name used to authenticate outbound requests from ScreenConnect to ServiceNow
  • ServiceNowServerPassword: ServiceNow password used to authenticate outbound requests from ScreenConnect to ServiceNow
  • ServiceNowRESTBasicAuthUsername: User name specified in ServiceNow outbound REST basic authentication settings
  • ServiceNowRESTBasicAuthPassword: Password specified in ServiceNow outbound REST basic authentication settings
  • ServiceNowIntegratedSupportSessionNamePrefix: Session name prefix used to identify a ScreenConnect support session as ServiceNow-integrated

ServiceNow Settings

• ScreenConnect Base URL
  • Outbound REST message basic authentication username
  • Outbound REST message basic authentication password

ServiceNow Integration Showcase

UserPostedImage
Figure 1: Default view of the ScreenConnect incident form section on ServiceNow incident with no prior ScreenConnect support session data.

UserPostedImage
Figure 2: Technician clicks Create Support Session button; the incident will automatically update to show a Technician join button, a guest invitation URL, and a new status message.

UserPostedImage
Figure 3: Technician clicks the Join button, which opens a new browser window that prompts the Technician to enter his or her ScreenConnect credentials before joining the session. Technician communicates invitation URL to guest. The Technician may click Refresh to check whether or not the guest has joined the session.

UserPostedImage
Figure 4: Once the Technician ends the support session, ScreenConnect sends session summary information back to ServiceNow. The technician may click Refresh to view this summary information once it has been received and processed by the ScreenConnect Integration transform map. Note that all session date and time information is UTC.

Edited by moderator Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:33:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
ScreenConnectIntegrationWithServiceNowGuide.pdf (296kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
ScreenConnect Team
alexdoan@payfirstsolutions.com  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:56:37 PM(UTC)
alexdoan@payfirstsolutions.com

United States

Hi,

we are trying to implement the same thing for our crm-ticketing support system
Can I please see the source code for this extension?

We are looking to use ScreenConnect for our 2500 devices, but we need integration with our CRM.
==> if i can see the code, and integrate our CRM, then we will definitely signup with.

is the code published on github?
Scott  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:13:01 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 257 post(s)
@alexdoan the code for any extension that has been installed to your ScreenConnect server/instance can be viewed either from the server itself (C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenConnect\App_Extensions\[EXTENSION_ID]) or by installing the Extension Developer extension which then gives you the ability to view the files/code from the Extension tab in the Administration page.
ScreenConnect Team
Ragman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:44:45 PM(UTC)
Ragman

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm trying to intergrate ScreenConnect into our ServiceNow instance and have followed the steps in the intergration guide. I'm able to create the ScreenConnect session from ServiceNow and it shows correctly when the session has been joined by the user. The problem I'm getting is that when I end the session the incident doesn't get updated with the chat/session history.

Troubleshooting steps

-Checked permissions on the ServiceNow login used for ScreenConnect as per the guide, I also used my Admin login instead to see if it was write permissions to the import set tables required for session data with no improvement.

-We are using an on-premise install of ScreenConnect but I also created a new cloud install of ScreenConnect (14day trial) to rule out any network related restrictions causing the update set to ServiceNow to not populate the table and I'm getting the same result on the cloud install.

ServiceNow Version: Fuji
ScreenConnect Cloud version: ScreenConnect_5.6.10572.5925_Debug

Any ideas or suggestions to why the session data is not being imported will be greatly appreciated.

Ben B  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:23:55 PM(UTC)
Ben B

@Ragman - I just sent you a PM with some additional information.

The issue is perhaps related to how the ServiceNow Integration settings have been configured in ScreenConnect.

Please confirm that the user with the username and credentials you entered in the ServiceNowServerUsername and ServiceNowServerPassword extension settings (in ScreenConnect) is assigned the following roles in ServiceNow:

1) rest_service
2) x_lats_screenconne.screenconnect_user
3) import_set_loader

Also, please check that the ServiceNowServerBaseUrl extension setting (in ScreenConnect) has the following form:

https://[enter your SN info].service-now.com/

Lastly, does the ScreenConnect --> Import Sets table in ServiceNow contain any rows? If so, does the session summary information appear as an import set row?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:27:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
Ragman on 7/21/2016(UTC)
Ben B  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:32:17 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Please note that cloud-hosted instances of ScreenConnect will need to be on at least version 5.6.10753.5976 in order to successfully integrate with ServiceNow.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
Ragman on 7/21/2016(UTC)
chriscamp  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 4:40:06 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I too am trying to get this to work between ServiceNow and my on premise ScreenConnect. I too am able to create the session, join the session, and provide support, but none of the details update back to ServiceNow during/after the session. I have verified the user account is the same on both sides and the roles required are assigned. My baseURL is also correct. Any help or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Ben B  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 5:39:49 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: chriscamp Go to Quoted Post
I too am trying to get this to work between ServiceNow and my on premise ScreenConnect. I too am able to create the session, join the session, and provide support, but none of the details update back to ServiceNow during/after the session. I have verified the user account is the same on both sides and the roles required are assigned. My baseURL is also correct. Any help or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Campbell

Can you confirm that the user identified in the ServiceNowServerUsername setting in the ServiceNow Integration extension:

UserPostedImage

has been assigned the following three roles in ServiceNow (rest_service, x_lats_screenconne.screenconnect_user, and import_set_loader):

UserPostedImage

Please PM me if this continues to be an issue -- I would be happy to schedule a troubleshooting session with you to get this working asap.
ScreenConnect Team
chriscamp  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 11:20:41 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

This was working beautifully until we upgraded our ServiceNow instance to Istanbul. Is there a timeline for certification with Istanbul?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
chriscamp  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:23:58 AM(UTC)
chriscamp

Is there any chance we could get a copy of the ServiceNow application so we can customize ourselves?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Ben B  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:59:29 AM(UTC)
Ben B

Is there any chance we could get a copy of the ServiceNow application so we can customize ourselves?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell

Good evening,

The updated ConnectWise Control app for ServiceNow was submitted to ServiceNow for review earlier today.

ServiceNow is generally very responsive in regards to their app submission/approval process, and I expect the Istanbul-certified app to be publicly available soon.

Regards,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
chriscamp  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:06:09 AM(UTC)
chriscamp

Is there an updated status on this? It's been a month since the submission. We would love to get this working again.

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Ben B  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 2:49:33 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Is there an updated status on this? It's been a month since the submission. We would love to get this working again.

Thanks,
Chris Campbell

Good morning,

The ConnectWise Control app for ServiceNow is still working its way through ServiceNow QA. While I'm unable to offer an ETA at this time, I will update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Cheers,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team