logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rodum  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:25:17 AM(UTC)
Rodum

United States

Hello All,

I was directed here by ConnectWise Support as they believe our issue is with the Set Session Properties extension. A few months ago we upgraded to version 6.2. We have started to notice that new computers are showing up in the "All Machines" access list and only showing their "Name". Nothing from the system variables is listed. We have to edit the session to be "no Consent" and then run the "Update Properties from Variables" under "..More". Then the computer will show correctly in the access lists. The only thing with the "Set Session Properties" extension that I have noticed, was the entries are being mixed up, as CustomVariable1 has CustomVarible2's result. I have verified the settings for the extension and do not believe that would effect the new computers connecting for the first time. I would show an image but I am not seeing a way to attach one or paste it here. I only see how to insert one if it is on a URL.

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Robert
ConAm Management

shawnkhall  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:37:54 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
have you tried disabling the extension to see if new clients added with it disabled experience the same behavior?

did you build an installer (using the "+" button) to add custom field options that are the basis for your consent rules, or are your consent rules applied to every user (under security, roles)?
Rodum  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:07:46 PM(UTC)
Rodum

United States

Hello Shawnkhall,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried disabling the extension. And we add the Consent component to the Installer. I am still getting new session listed only in "All Machines".

Robert
ConAm Management
shawnkhall  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:07:26 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "add the Consent component to the installer". Are you saying you're using CustomProperty2 as an indicator for whether consent is required?

Also -- shot in the dark -- but you are aware that in the front-end it's CustomProperty1 through CustomProperty8 but in the code it's actually a zero-based array (session.CustomPropertyValues[0] through session.CustomPropertyValues[7]). If you're reading or assigning CustomProperty values in your extension, make sure you're using a zero-based array. This means:

CustomProperty1 = session.CustomPropertyValues[0]
CustomProperty2 = session.CustomPropertyValues[1]
CustomProperty3 = session.CustomPropertyValues[2]
CustomProperty4 = session.CustomPropertyValues[3]
CustomProperty5 = session.CustomPropertyValues[4]
CustomProperty6 = session.CustomPropertyValues[5]
CustomProperty7 = session.CustomPropertyValues[6]
CustomProperty8 = session.CustomPropertyValues[7]