logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tablejumper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:42:56 PM(UTC)
tablejumper

United States

I've been using ConnectWise Control Cloud version for some time now and its been increasingly bothersome how bulky the navigation panes are and how much space is wasted on other elements inside the Access page.

For a quick intro into why the necessity for clearing up space on the dashboard; I've recently tinkered with the Web Config file via the Web.config extension to increase the resolution of thumbnail screenshots, decreased the thumbnail screenshot cycle time, as well the size of the thumbnails themselves. I've added an extension to swap the view of Access sessions to thumbnail view as well. This is great for quickly monitoring activity across the board of a great number of clients. Though I can view many computers at once, I have to scroll down consistently because the width of the sessions area of the page in Access is only 3/4 of the width of the screen. The rest of the screen is taken up by the Session Group navbar and the parent navbar which includes Support, Meeting and Access buttons.

Proposal:
1. I would first like to be able to resize the width and toggle-collapse the large navbar. (toggle-collapse only work on the iOS App as far as I know)
2. The same resize and toggle-collapse ability should be applied to the details section on the right side of the screen.
3. The parent left nav bar that includes the Support, Meeting, and Access buttons should also have the ability to be resized or at least its width coded using an extension or as part of the Web.config App.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:46:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:44:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
I don't believe there is an easy way to do this within the cloud at the moment. You're correct that an on-premise installation can simply modify the files directly but obviously that's not the case in a cloud hosted implementation.

We are, however, currently investigating a way to allow the div dividers/edges to be click-and-draggable (for lack of a better term). I don't have an ETA on when this will be implemented, but it is actively queued to a member of the development team.
ScreenConnect Team