logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scott  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:34:42 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
This Extension is designed to send a notification email when a machine has disconnected and remained offline after a pre-set interval of time has passed. The initial Extension release version is 1.0.3. Due to using a Dynamic Session Event Trigger, it requires ScreenConnect version 5.5 or newer to work.

UserPostedImage

The Trigger initially executes (but still has processing to complete) when a Access machine has disconnected. It currently does not monitor Support or Meeting sessions.

UserPostedImage
Settings

• EmailToAddress- The address to where notifications are sent. If not set, it will use the server's default MailToAddress (set in the Mail tab on the Administration page).
  • EmailSubject - The contents of the subject field for the notification email. Uses the string.Format() method accepting two parameters, the Session's name and which event occurred.
  • EmailBody - The contents of the body for the notification email. Uses the string.Format() method accepting 3 parameters, the time at which the event occurred, the current time, and the amount of time between initial event and the recheck.
  • DelayTimeSpanInSeconds - The pre-set amount of time before the session is re-checked for its connection status. Defaults to 10 seconds. Value is read in seconds. Current cap is 120 seconds.
  • MonitoredSessionFilter - The session group filter that denotes which Session(s) should be monitored. Accepts standard Session Group Filter syntax. It is recommended to test the filter by creating a group on the Host page with the same syntax before configuring the setting. Defaults to "GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*'"

As with any Extension we are always open to feedback, feel free to leave yours below.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
iptechnology on 9/8/2016(UTC)
jasgot  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 2:11:06 PM(UTC)
jasgot

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Can this be turned on or off per guest? I have 3000 machines that get turned off at night. I don't want those notifications. I only want to be notified for a select few.
thanks 1 user thanked jasgot for this useful post.
cristobalcat on 12/3/2016(UTC)
Scott  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 2:40:13 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

You can use the MonitoredSessionFilter to specify which machine(s) should be monitored:

Quote:

MonitoredSessionFilter - The session group filter that denotes which Session(s) should be monitored. Accepts standard Session Group Filter syntax. It is recommended to test the filter by creating a group on the Host page with the same syntax before configuring the setting. Defaults to "GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*'"

ScreenConnect Team
ahmed.deghiedy  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 3:08:49 PM(UTC)
ahmed.deghiedy

Egypt

Scott,

Very good extension but can we have a sound notification trigger with the email?

Thanks
promptcare  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:41:29 AM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'd need a MUCH bigger delay. I've got customers whom I want to know if they go offline for several days, a week or more.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:07:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked promptcare for this useful post.
cristobalcat on 12/3/2016(UTC)
paulrick  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:04:42 PM(UTC)
paulrick

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm trying to tweak the subject line to add the Session.CustomProperty1 variable (there's a lot of SERVER computers out there, so the Organization field would be incredibly helpful....), and I'm not having any luck receiving messages when I test it.
Currently I have it set as follows:
[SC] {Session.CustomProperty1} Session {0} has {1} and remained in this state.

What am I doing wrong?
Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:34:49 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Right now that setting is using a String.Format() method, meaning it can only accept specific parameters, just Name and EventType right now.

I will look into adding the ability to include more information in the next revision.
ScreenConnect Team
Camangery  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 5:38:27 AM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is not working for me.
Question:
how do I define this: EmailBody - The contents of the body for the notification email. Uses the string.Format() method accepting 3 parameters, the time at which the event occurred, the current time, and the amount of time between initial event and the recheck.

How should I tYpe the string.Format() to get the time at which the event occurred, the current time, and the amount of time between initial event and the recheck?
Scott  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 1:25:39 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Quote:
This is not working for me.

That's not very specific, how exactly is it not working? Have you defined the session group filter?

Also, all of that time-based information can be determined by when the email was sent and how long you have configured the interval.
ScreenConnect Team
Camangery  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 1:27:52 AM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

You hit the nail.
(Event.EventType = 'Disconnected' OR Event.EventType = 'Connected') AND Session.SessionType = 'Access' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest' AND (Session.Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestMachineName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*')

THat work perfect for Triggers alert.

However, it does not send anything with the extension.

Here is my Extension setup:

DelayedNotifier.EmailToAddress Default

DelayedNotifier.EmailSubject The Server '{Session.GuestMachineName}' is '{Event.EventType}'

DelayedNotifier.EmailBody Default I DO NOT have idea how to setup

DelayedNotifier.DelayTimeSpanInSeconds 120

DelayedNotifier.MonitoredSessionFilter (Event.EventType = 'Disconnected' OR Event.EventType = 'Connected') AND Session.SessionType = 'Access' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest' AND (Session.Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestMachineName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*')

What am I missing?

Edited by user Saturday, September 3, 2016 1:36:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Be more specific

Scott  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:09:29 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Ah, so a bit of confusion here. The Filter you posted is a Session Event Filter for Triggers (like you said). This extension uses a Session Group Filter instead, so we would need to remove the operands that don't apply to session group filter syntax.

Basically, try with the following modified filter:

Code:

(Session.Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestMachineName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR Session.GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*')
ScreenConnect Team
Camangery  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:35:41 PM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

Scott:
It didn't work.
I also tried:
(Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR GuestMachineName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*')
which work for a Session Group to list all my servers, but not to make this extension to send me and email.
I have several machine with windows 10 as Fax Server or just file server that I need to get the alert.
Thanks for the try.
Scott  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:21:38 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Try removing the parentheses, I was able to get the following working:

Code:

Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR GuestMachineName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*' OR GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*'
ScreenConnect Team
Camangery  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:29:49 PM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

Scott:

Thanks a lot.
Removing the parentheses was the solution.
It is working now.
One more question: Are you planning to add the feature to know from what session group that machine is?
I have around 90 servers from different client and several of then have been damed with same name, lie FaxServer, DCServer, EMRServer and similar.
It would be great if I could know from where is the server that goes online.
I added '{CustomProperty1}' on subject: [SC] Session {0} at '{CustomProperty1}' has {1} and remained in this state; but it does not work.
Again, thanks for such good and long waited extension, and thanks for your help and support.
Scott  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:03:32 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@Camangery @paulrick I guess I'm going to have to rethink how to build the email, I can see the usefulness of more session-related information being included.

In the meantime, I just published version 1.0.8 which can accept {3} in DelayedNotifier.EmailBody to display the value of the first custom property. You can use syntax similar to the following:

Code:

Event occurred at {0} UTC.  This notification executed at {1} UTC after a {2} second delay.  The value of CustomProperty1 is {3}.

this should at least be a simple workaround until I can implement a better way to include the information.
ScreenConnect Team
iptechnology  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:58:53 PM(UTC)
iptechnology

Italy

@Scott: Is it possible to post our customisation here or do you prefere to check it first? (I don't know if there some copyright problem)

Starting from your grat extension, we have detailed offline notification and added (also important) return online notification.
We would like to share it, becouse we hope that also other developers want to improve it BigGrin

Thanks
Alessandro
IP Technology srl

Edited by user Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:06:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Camangery  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:17:19 PM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

Scott:

Please say yes, go ahead to iptechnology.
Camangery  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:36:08 PM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

The only way this extension send me and alert is setting it with default values.
Scott  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 1:17:41 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@iptechnology I don't have a problem with that, but I'd recommend creating a separate forum thread containing your code to reduce any confusion. You're more than welcome to link into that thread from here, though.
ScreenConnect Team
dleonard  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 5:57:32 PM(UTC)
dleonard

United States

We're running Version 6.0.11365.6080 (hosted by ScreenConnect), and the control had been running fine with the settings below:

DelayedNotifier.EmailSubject: {0} has {1} Longer Than 2 Minutes
DelayedNotifier.DelayTimeSpanInSeconds: 120
DelayedNotifier.MonitoredSessionFilter: Name LIKE '%Deployed%'

I've tried other variations, but can't get it to work. Do you know if anything that's changed that may have prevented my settings from working?

iptechnology  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:07:28 AM(UTC)
iptechnology

Italy

mod posted here: http://forum.screenconne...fications.aspx#post35262

please share your mod/opinion

Bye
Alessandro
Camangery  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:35:12 PM(UTC)
Camangery

Man
United States

Updated to Version 1.0.8 ad it is working fine now.
jbradley82  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:52:40 PM(UTC)
jbradley82

United States

I am really new to Screenconnect and so far I very happy with it. I have over 220 workstations with 4 being servers. I would like some feedback on how to setup the offline machine notification to alert me when either of the 4 servers was to go offline.
tabcom  
#24 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 7:31:48 AM(UTC)
tabcom

Germany

We limited the offline messages to the servers of our customers by editing the session names and putting an underscore at the beginning (e.g. "_SERVER").

The value for the DelayedNotifier.MonitoredSessionFilter field then would be:

Code:
LIKE '_' + '*'

This allways pushes the servers to the top of the client list as well.

@ConnectWise staff member

It would be great if the delay timer could be set to a higher value then 120 seconds.

We have a few customers with quite long automated internet disconnects by their provider at night.

A value of at least 600 seconds for the delay timer would really help us to get rid of false positives.

Edited by user Friday, October 7, 2016 7:40:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding question

Scott  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 1:09:10 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@jbradley82 To setup this Extension, go to the Extension tab on the Administration page. Find this extension and select Options > Edit Settings. You're going to want to define a Session Group Filter which denotes which sessions should be monitored within the MonitoredSessionFilter setting. You can copy-and-paste a session group filter directly from the Manage Session Group modal dialog found in the bottom-right corner on the Host page.

@tabcom I do plan to increase the max timeout (10 minutes sounds like a good value) within a future revision. Initially, I was concerned that this extension might cause some performance issues with larger implementations but that doesn't appear to be the case in my testing.
ScreenConnect Team
evputten  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:48:17 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Scott,

Can I again beg for the option to also send either the domain name or the company name of the offline client as an option.

Since all our customers servers are either named Server / Data or Terminal we never have a clue at what customer the server went offline....

Kind regards,
Erik
Scott  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:13:17 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@evputten how are you storing company name? Is it within a custom property?
ScreenConnect Team
evputten  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:51:29 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Hi Scott, I thought I had send a reply but I don't see it.

We store the company name in CustomProperty1, yes.
If it's easier to implement the GuestDomainname will also do.

Kind regards,
Erik.
Scott  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:53:17 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

As a temporary solution I added an additional parameter, CustomPropertyValues[0] to be passed in as a third String.Format argument. You can use it within DelayedNotifier.EmailBody setting with {3}. Like:

Code:

Event occurred at {0} UTC.  This notification executed at {1} UTC after a {2} second delay. CustomProperty1: {3}
ScreenConnect Team
cristobalcat  
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:05:12 PM(UTC)
cristobalcat

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: promptcare Go to Quoted Post
I'd need a MUCH bigger delay. I've got customers whom I want to know if they go offline for several days, a week or more.

I agree completely, this is the most important point for this extension
(besides specific details from machine to be completely and without mistake, to be easy to identify it among the rest)

Control what machine is disconnected/off for less/equal to 120 seconds seem to me only for crucial control (like servers), but not for regular workstations.

In my case, we control +1000 workstations, and this is really useful to avoid any PC 'disappear' after a while, specially with laptops.
In large Companies is hard to keep a close tracking on inventory before it's too late. And this is a tremendously useful.

In our case as ie, we need to get this email/alarm like around 5 days to know what pc is not turn it back on again since last time was used.

So, I believe any possible reasonable time based on seconds, minutes, hours, days to be set would be enough.

Then, the option to uncheck certain PC from the whole would be a plus, if not how would you put, lets say, 50 assorted pcs out of +1000 workstation, not to be checked?

Thanks!
NOCEngineer  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:03:15 PM(UTC)
NOCEngineer

United States

I'm trying to use this extension in ScreenConnect 6.1.12292.6236 running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

But, I'm getting a "load error".

Can it run on Linux?

Does this extension have any special requirements?

Thanks
Scott  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:52:55 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@NOCEngineer thanks for letting me know. Taking a closer look it appears to be related to a known issue dealing with mono incorrectly throwing warnings and not handling them well. We have this issue registered and are investigating for potential solutions, but I don't have an ETA at this time.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
Mitsol on 2/15/2017(UTC)
Scott  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 2:52:36 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

The Offline Machine Notification extension has been updated to version 1.2 and we've added some of the most-requested features.

*The maximum time delay interval has been increased from 2 minutes to 5 minutes.
*You can now use any object or property within the Email notification subject or body. The syntax is exactly the same as defined within the Reference on the Trigger tab in the Administration page. For an example within the current configuration, the EmailSubject setting defaults to the following:
[SC] Session {0} has {1} and remained in this state.

With the new syntax, the exact same EmailSubject setting looks like:
Code:
Session {Session.Name} has {Event.EventType} and remained in this state.

Here's two addition examples based upon commonly requested features, the ability to include custom properties (ie Organization) and the Guest's network address:
Code:
Session {Session.Name} of Organization {Session.CustomProperty1} has {Event.EventType} and remained in this state. It's network address is {Session.GuestNetworkAddress}.
ScreenConnect Team
evputten  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:42:57 PM(UTC)
evputten

Netherlands

Works super.

Thanks Scott !
FluidDepiction  
#35 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:52:03 PM(UTC)
FluidDepiction

United States

Good Morning,
I recently attempted to install the extension and am getting a Status:Load Error in extensions under Administration. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall and disable and re-enable. Is there perhaps a pre-requisite I am missing?
Scott  
#36 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:27:48 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@FluidDepiction is your ScreenConnect server installed on Linux? If so, it's likely related to an issue I mentioned here.
ScreenConnect Team
silas_miller  
#37 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 1:35:27 PM(UTC)
silas_miller

United States

So no Linux fix yet? Would love to use this!

Edited by user Monday, September 11, 2017 1:36:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Iain  
#38 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 12:59:48 PM(UTC)
Iain

United Kingdom

I'm struggling to get this to work - its a fresh setup.

I've named all my machines that I want monitored with an _ e.g. _Server1

I've added "LIKE '_' + '*'" to the "DelayedNotifier.MonitoredSessionFilter" but I'm not receiving alerts - I've tested the SMTP email which comes through.

what am I doing wrong?

thanks

SoCo_Systems  
#39 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 2:05:47 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You aren't telling it what the 'like' needs to match. Try changing the DelayedNotifier.MonitoredSessionFilter line to just:

Name LIKE '_*'

In my case, I drop a note on the machine I want an alert for, rather than using the name. So mine is:
Notes LIKE '*OFFLINEALERT*'
thanks 1 user thanked SoCo_Systems for this useful post.
Iain on 9/18/2017(UTC)
Iain  
#40 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 3:35:28 PM(UTC)
Iain

United Kingdom

thanks - I had tried all sorts of combos such as "Session.Name LIKE" but now I've tried as you suggested and it's still not working.

I have tried removing and re-installing
SoCo_Systems  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:27:40 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You might also try setting up a trigger within SC itself, to make sure your box is emailing properly. Once in awhile my SC server will just stop sending notifications. I've never figured out what exactly causes the problem, but a reboot always fixes it.