logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Conrad L  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:09:19 PM(UTC)
Conrad L

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This extension provides the following functionality:
1) Users can configure support and meeting sessions to be either public or private by default.
2) Users can configure support and meeting sessions to initiate join behavior immediately after support or meeting session creation

Instructions:
1) While on the host page, select the User Button in the navigation panel. You will notice an option in the extras popout panel called Set Session Defaults. Note that in order to see this option, you must have administrator privileges.

UserPostedImage

2) A modal will then be displayed presenting options to toggle the default behavior for session creation and type. The Session Mode options will define all newly created support and meetings sessions as public or private by default, while the Create and Join toggle will determine whether or not a session should be joined immediately after creation.

UserPostedImage

3) If the Create and Join toggle is set to True, then after creating either a support or meeting session, another modal will appear prompting you for the session name and, if the default session type is set to private, a code. After supplying a session name and/or code, click the Join button to start the session.

UserPostedImage

Note that closing this modal without clicking the Join button will still result in a new session being created; however, the default session name and code, if private, will be applied to the session and will need to be changed in the Session Details Panel.

Edited by user Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:16:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
Summo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:34:52 PM(UTC)
Summo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's better, but still not quite there! Guests still see a redundant 'Join with a code' box. Can we remove that somehow? I'm already tired of telling guests to ignore that box and 6.3 has only been around for a month.
tsmallwood  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 10:56:49 PM(UTC)
tsmallwood

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have installed the extension but do not see the options as seen in the screenshots. Idea for you change the software back to the old way the way it needs to be (and, create an extension to auto create and have join code on the client side PROBLEM SOLVED).

Hate when a company tries to dumb down their software which removes productivity for the rest of us, I am sick of hearing my clients ask about the code box. Thanks Screen Connect for making your software less productive
thanks 1 user thanked tsmallwood for this useful post.
imthetech on 10/2/2017(UTC)
Conrad L  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:48:48 PM(UTC)
Conrad L

Originally Posted by: Summo Go to Quoted Post
It's better, but still not quite there! Guests still see a redundant 'Join with a code' box. Can we remove that somehow? I'm already tired of telling guests to ignore that box and 6.3 has only been around for a month.

Version 1.0.2 was just published. This removes the Join with a Code box if you've set the default session mode to public.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Conrad L for this useful post.
Summo on 8/24/2017(UTC)
Conrad L  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
Conrad L

Originally Posted by: tsmallwood Go to Quoted Post
I have installed the extension but do not see the options as seen in the screenshots. Idea for you change the software back to the old way the way it needs to be (and, create an extension to auto create and have join code on the client side PROBLEM SOLVED).

Hate when a company tries to dumb down their software which removes productivity for the rest of us, I am sick of hearing my clients ask about the code box. Thanks Screen Connect for making your software less productive

Do you have administrator privileges?
ScreenConnect Team
HTDroege  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:18:51 PM(UTC)
HTDroege

United States

I have installed the latest 1.0.2 version and I also do not see the item listed in the pop-up menu. I do have admin privileges. I tried the options menu in the extension screen and set the items manually to Custom: public and Custom: true and it makes no difference in operation. Running ScreenConnect 6.3.13446.6374

- Tom
tsmallwood  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:19:20 PM(UTC)
tsmallwood

United States

We are still seeing the code box on the support page even when its set to public
tsmallwood  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:22:36 PM(UTC)
tsmallwood

United States

Originally Posted by: HTDroege Go to Quoted Post
I have installed the latest 1.0.2 version and I also do not see the item listed in the pop-up menu. I do have admin privileges. I tried the options menu in the extension screen and set the items manually to Custom: public and Custom: true and it makes no difference in operation. Running ScreenConnect 6.3.13446.6374

- Tom

I opened screen connect on our hosted server and installed the extension while logged into the server.

Summo  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:23:39 PM(UTC)
Summo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Conrad L Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Summo Go to Quoted Post

Version 1.0.2 was just published. This removes the Join with a Code box if you've set the default session mode to public.

That works for me, thank you.
mellowms  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:06:43 PM(UTC)
mellowms

United Kingdom

Hello,

We too have been having a nightmare with this code box, which just doesn't fit our model or procedures.

We have installed this Legacy extension, but have discovered the 'Set Session Defaults' option, or indeed the bit that overrides the code when you create a session, does not work in Internet Explorer. Can this be fixed please?

Kind regards,

Lee
imthetech  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 3:08:47 AM(UTC)
imthetech

United States

- Doesn't work in Internet Explorer v11
- Can't set defaults for all users (not just admins) - we want all users to default to public sessions

Why release this extension if it doesn't actually solve the problem :-(

Edited by user Monday, October 2, 2017 3:09:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified