logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankg  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:57:26 PM(UTC)
frankg

As the subject says...
When?
Seems like there's a real lack of motivationfrom ConnectWise as far as that goes.

We have been waiting patiently without update or mention of this feature... When?

Teamviewer does it perfectly, my company wants to switch over, but I keep making excuses for ScreenConnect.

What's the hold up?
Matt Highsmith  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 6:08:42 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
yes this feature would really help out with support.
Scott  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:52:23 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
This feature just entered the beta stage as shown here.

I appreciate you guys waiting for this functionality, I'm not trying to make excuses for its delay but given the distributed nature of our software and the inherent single distribution source of how most app stores work it was very difficult architecturally to create this. The app has to allow for Access Guest connections into a single device from multiple ScreenConnect servers which proved to be a challenge.

If you are interested in joining our pre-release channel for the Android app feel free to shoot me a PM with your email/some info and I can pass it along to the PM team.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
MannyTC on 10/4/2017(UTC)
Jordan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:34:39 PM(UTC)
Jordan

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
This feature just entered the beta stage as shown here.

I appreciate you guys waiting for this functionality, I'm not trying to make excuses for its delay but given the distributed nature of our software and the inherent single distribution source of how most app stores work it was very difficult architecturally to create this. The app has to allow for Access Guest connections into a single device from multiple ScreenConnect servers which proved to be a challenge.

If you are interested in joining our pre-release channel for the Android app feel free to shoot me a PM with your email/some info and I can pass it along to the PM team.

Are there any plans to add devices beyond Samsung? A competitor lists support for "wide range of manufacturers including Samsung, HTC, HP, Motorola, Sony, Virtu, Kazam, Asus, Huawei, Panasonic, Positivo, LG, Lenovo and ZTE". Would be great if we could have the same.
Scott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:21:29 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

I can't attest to any concrete plans but we're always open to add more. I recommend requesting it at our Product Feedback Portal so PM can take a direct look.
ScreenConnect Team
frankg  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:38:04 PM(UTC)
frankg

6.4 is out, am trying to install access by right clicking and hit Install Access...

What am I missing?
Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:11:38 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@frankg are you attempting to Install Access to an Android device? To my knowledge the App must be downloaded from the Google Play Store and then setup to point back to your particular instance, it cannot be deployed from the SC server at this time.
ScreenConnect Team
nobody961  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:02:49 PM(UTC)
nobody961

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
@frankg are you attempting to Install Access to an Android device? To my knowledge the App must be downloaded from the Google Play Store and then setup to point back to your particular instance, it cannot be deployed from the SC server at this time.

Why don't you offer an apk download? Not everyone has access to the playstore, and not everyone might want to download from the playstore? It would not hurt to offer a download from the original source.
Scott  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@nobody961 makes a solid point. We're going to find a better solution but for the time being you can download the apk from here.

It should also be listed on the download page although to be honest I don't think it'll stay there for long, but we'll find a better solution.
ScreenConnect Team
nobody961  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 6:36:12 PM(UTC)
nobody961

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
@nobody961 makes a solid point. We're going to find a better solution but for the time being you can download the apk from here.

It should also be listed on the download page although to be honest I don't think it'll stay there for long, but we'll find a better solution.

Thanks. I tried it. Works more or less.
More, because indeed I can setup an access session on my note 8. Less, because I cant click the android back, menu, application menu buttons. Also, when using it the other way around, to control a remote PC, there is still no mouse. Works however with a long klick/tap (as before). Then choose a mouse action.
Its beta so I don't expect more. If you like more feedback I will do test more.
The stylus on the Note devices is an ideal companion for using a remote control application because it can be used like a mouse, and it works very nice. If this would be supported as best as possible, that would be great.

frankg  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:49:00 AM(UTC)
frankg

This is working thank you.

Now you guys just need to add some fake home or task buttons on the screen would be great!

Although using the home key works fine too.