logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daniel.csi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:17:33 PM(UTC)
daniel.csi

I have been trying to find a way to make sure our screen connect sessions are elevated so we can see when there is a UAC prompt up. Upon my research I see you can send a Ctrl-Alt-Del(home) to get a prompt on our side to enter the admin credentials.

I am sure that works for most people using this software but I work in an environment where we do not have access to our customers local admin information. Most of the time we have to get a third party IT involved, sometimes we can convince them to log in as a local admin and connect us, so we can stay in after a reboot.

I saw an option today where I can prompt the user to enter credentials under misc-> manage credentials, would this pass through if I then used the Ctrl-Alt-Del after they entered the creds? I don't see a point to that option if I cannot see the uac prompts to use the creds that were stored.

I have found a way around all of it, by shift right clicking things and selecting run as different user, I can then control the session while the elevated window is up. However, if someone just enters the creds in a UAC prompt I can't control anything until the elevated window is minimized. However most of our customers edit out that option in GPO so its hit or miss if we can use the run as work around.