logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jesseb  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:56:28 AM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Using the latest 6.3, and followed the guide just to make sure, but getting "Method Not Allowed" error.
https://docs.connectwise...ctivity/Remote_Workforce
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:37:32 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
It's a bug that I haven't been able to fully correct. I implemented some mitigation steps but I haven't found a solid solution yet, but please keep an eye out for a new version within the Extension Marketplace, I hope to have it out soon.

EDIT, in the meantime you can manually create the Access session group named My Assigned Machines and set the filter to:

Code:

Notes LIKE '*|UserName:' + $USERLOGINNAME + '*'

Edited by user Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:30:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
joshgay on 8/29/2017(UTC)
Jesseb  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:46:55 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Thanks Scott, I did try manually creating the group with filter, but still get the error.
My questions are:
1. What does that error mean?
2. Assuming it worked when creating that help document, were there any other Extensions installed? (ie: Tags, which at this point I can't uninstall to test. I'm using them too heavily)
3. What does the settings affect? "IsSessionGroupCreated = false"
Scott  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:38:00 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
I'm still investigating exactly what the error means, but the action that you're performing by clicking the button is basically just to create the session group itself, it shouldn't do much else.

The method works on premise but not within our cloud environment, which is the frustrating part as its much harder to debug an instance-level problem in the cloud.

The IsSessionGroupCreated setting is to control whether or not the extension attempts to recreate the session group used for displaying assigned machines. I mitigated the problem by temporarily disabling the extension's ability to automatically create the session group.
ScreenConnect Team
Jesseb  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:01:21 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Hm, I'm on premise but couldn't force it to work. I'm going to keep playing with it though and see what I can do.

I tried looking for logs in event Viewer, program files and programdata but didn't see any pertaining to when the extension actually executes. Are those stores in the DB or do I need to turn something on to debug?
Jesseb  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 3:51:19 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Also, is there supposed to be a Subgroup expression there too?
cbrasga  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:47:16 PM(UTC)
cbrasga

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We would really look forward to a fully developed Remote Workforce feature. This could really solve our SSL VPN issues, with users encountering problems due to running different browsers, browser security settings, and plugins. This could be another HUGE feature for CONTROL. Meetings, Support, Access, and Remote Workforce.

I'm envisioning being able to centrally manage the users and machine assignments, like the Security section for users and roles under Administration, and please support Active Directory and Two Factor authentication.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:50:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joshgay  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:10:36 PM(UTC)
joshgay

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ok, installed extension, manually created the session group as the command wasn't available no matter where I was when I opened the menu, created the Remote Workforce Role....
added an existing user, assigned her machines, from the web it works, from the remote workforce client I can't actually connect to a session... get "Unknown Login Error". (it does "login" and popup the box to chose from the 2 available pc's, only when you chose one and hit connect does the error popup on the login screen).

This said I did add "host session without consent" permission (as it wouldn't let her connect from web anymore), but toggling that makes no difference.

On Prem install, running the 6.4 pre release.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:24:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joshgay  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:07:30 PM(UTC)
joshgay

United States

And on the 6.3 instance (also on Premises) I help manage, i get the "Method Not Allowed" message. (6.3.13446.6374) extension 1.0.2

Edited by user Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:09:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KevinSHI  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:59:46 AM(UTC)
KevinSHI

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm getting the same error on the same on prem version as joshgay
westbrookcomputers  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:01:07 PM(UTC)
westbrookcomputers

United Kingdom

If you add |UserName:john,UserDisplayName:| john being the login name of the user it will work. The assign user option inst working but this is a work around.
Jesseb  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

United States

Originally Posted by: westbrookcomputers Go to Quoted Post
If you add |UserName:john,UserDisplayName:| john being the login name of the user it will work. The assign user option inst working but this is a work around.

What version are you using? I cannot get mine to work, from the exe or web browser. I believe my issue is related to Session Groups though, as I cant get any machines to show up under that group regardless of the Note format.

**EDIT** Scratch that, it was a Session Group formatting issue. App still doesn't seem to work though.

Edited by user Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:39:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kingbear2  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
kingbear2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just wanted to mention something for those of you trying to use Remote Workorce and it's not working. Here's an alternate that worked for me and may work for some of you.

So my scenario is that I'm an MSP, and I support many different organizations. Some of those clients have their own in house IT guys who want to use ScreenConnect to connect to only the machines they manage. What I did was as follows:

1) Created a session group with the filter MachineDomain LIKE 'domain'
2) Created a security role that only has certain access on that session group and no global permissions
3) Created a new user and assigned that user to the new security role

What I ended up with is when the user logs in, he sees only his the specific session group I created which only has computers and servers which are in his company domain. This worked perfect for what we needed, and perhaps will work well for one of you, so I wanted to share.
joshgay  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:16:45 PM(UTC)
joshgay

United States

Hopefully some dev time can go into this soon, the baseline is awesome, but would love to have the executeable work for this.