logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kwagoner82  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 8:50:20 PM(UTC)
Kwagoner82

United States

Hello,

I ran into a bit of a snag and not sure but installation seemed the best place to put this. I have been running the system for a few years and have recently updated my ip address to connect to a -A route through my DNS. Everything was working fine and i had to replace our office router with a temp one until our new sonic wall comes in next week. Its a crappy home use Netgear AC1750 would this possibly cause an issue where every computer in my list of 60+ will not stay connected for than a minute or two. Its really worrysome that my connections might be down for a week or so until our new appliance can be installed.

On a side note would i possibly be able to move the system to a linode online hosting linux box for the time being? again just a thought.
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:04:52 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Are the disconnecting computers and the SC server all behind that same Netgear? Could it be a NAT Loopback issue? I would expect the computers to not connect at all if that was the case, but I could be wrong.
Other things to look at would be to make sure the main and relay ports are open/forwarded to the server (8040 and 8041 by default), and that the Netgear is sitting at the same IP your DNS is pointed at. (I often see people put a temp router in place and leave it set for DHCP, causing it to NAT behind the gateway, rather than using the correct static ip)

If your server is running Windows, you might also check the firewall settings there. A different router would cause Windows to switch to the Public firewall profile.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:21:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kwagoner82  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:35:36 PM(UTC)
Kwagoner82

United States

All those settings are fine as far as i can tell. all the computers except for maybe 4 or 5 are outside of our building with all different kinds of network setups. I am thinking it might just be this router. Our new one will be here in a week so i am looking at moving everything to a windows 7 box and trying to set it up at home temporarily until i the new router arrives after thanksgiving. It seems as though no more than 30 or 40 connections can exist at the same time and they just roll through randomly. I can connect to the management screen from anywhere just though it seems. There is definitely a slow down from my other router but that is expected.

I was running a Small Business class router now i am running a home one until my new sonic wall comes in.