logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jammyful  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:50:55 PM(UTC)
jammyful

United Kingdom

Hi, I have 150+ clients currently using logmein, most of the machines are running windows. I also have a screenconnect account that I have been using for linux based systems. I love SC so much and would love to transfer my clients on LMI Central to SC, could someone please let me know what the easiest way for me to install SC on the 150+ machines is. I can't seem to find a way to get SC on those machines without building a load of installers and logging in one by one over LMI to install them. Is this my only option? thank you so much for your help, really hope something can be done to cut down migration time.
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:55:11 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jammyful Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have 150+ clients currently using logmein, most of the machines are running windows. I also have a screenconnect account that I have been using for linux based systems. I love SC so much and would love to transfer my clients on LMI Central to SC, could someone please let me know what the easiest way for me to install SC on the 150+ machines is. I can't seem to find a way to get SC on those machines without building a load of installers and logging in one by one over LMI to install them. Is this my only option? thank you so much for your help, really hope something can be done to cut down migration time.

Does the LMI product you use have remote powershell command functionality? If so, you could run a ps command on the Windows machines to download and install the client:

Code:

(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile("https://[subdomain].screenconnect.com/Bin/ScreenConnect.ClientSetup.msi?h=instance-xxxxxx-relay.screenconnect.com&p=443&k=[EncryptionKey]&e=Access&y=Guest&t=&c=&c=&c=&c=&c=&c=&c=&c=", "${env:TEMP}\ControlClient.msi"); Start-Process -FilePath "msiexec.exe" -ArgumentList "/i ${env:TEMP}\ControlClient.msi /qn"

The easiest way to get the msi installer download URI for your Control server would be to look at the network tab in your browser's dev tools while you download an msi installer from your Control server's host page:

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
jammyful  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 11:51:05 AM(UTC)
jammyful

United Kingdom

Hey thank you so much for the reply that's really useful information. Unfortunately I don't have remote powershell command functionality, so I guess it's gong to need to be a manual install. Grabbing the msi installer download URI might shave some time off though. think I just need to knuckle down and start the process tbh. Anyway thanks again for the info can't wait to be completely on SC and ditch LMI, it's hands down the most horrible interface I've had to deal with in a while.
SoCo_Systems  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 2:22:33 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I made the transition from LMI to SC several years ago, so things may have changed since then. But what I did was create an msi installer, using the custom computer name %RemoteSupportName%
and dropped that on my web server. (you could use the SC server) The point here is that you can then use a script to set that name. (Or any other customproperty.)

Then I wrote a vbs script that did the following:
1. Read the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\WebSvc\HostDescription - this will give you the name of the computer as it is listed in your LMI list. Note - the path has probably changed
2. Write that name to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\RemoteSupportName
3. use objXMLHTTP to download the MSI file, then run it to complete the install. It will attach to your SC server using the name/property from the RemoteSupportName key.

Back then, I was able to use Ignition to run the vbs script as admin on multiple machines at once, without having to log in. I don't know what the options are like today. And there may be an easier way to accomplish all of that. But I had given all of the LMI computers custom names to make it easier to sort across multiple customer sites, and getting those names to match in SC was essential to the transition.