logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rich2323  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 5:35:06 PM(UTC)
rich2323

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am trying to make a favorite "session group" based on user who put a note with the word "fav".

I can make a session on the "fav" part, but cant seem to figure out how to separate it based on who put the note in.

Is there a way to do this?

Rich
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 5:29:45 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
I don't think the session group filter manager is currently aware of who added the note although I can see the use so I recommend adding it to our Product Feedback Portal.

As a workaround, you could always have the user add their USERLOGINNAME within the note, so with USERLOGINNAME "admin", the note would look like:
Code:

admin fav

And your session group filter would look like:
Code:

Notes LIKE '*' + $USERLOGINNAME + ' fav'

Alternatively, you could also use a custom property and just set the value to a username (or list of usernames).
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
rich2323 on 10/10/2016(UTC)
cristobalcat  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 7:12:35 PM(UTC)
cristobalcat

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
IDK it might help to you, but it help to us:

We use this a lot.

first, we have created 1 for each country, to filter theirs pcs by name itself. But we use for that pcname to filter.

But, also we use CustomProperty2 field as the 3rd field to handle another type of filters.

Let say I create a Session Group call, 'Standalone' for those that meet this criteria (in this example unattended sessions), and in MANAGE SESSIONS GROUP, second (left to right) field, I added:

CustomProperty2 LIKE '*Standalone*' (the * before and after is whatever text you put, so, as far the whole text contain standalone word, it will get it).

So it will filter all 'standalone' pc that have this keyword on that CustomProperty2 field. Note: You have to enable CustomProperty2, and it will show up as Session 3rd field to EDIT.

Let say you want your fav as you said: just change the text on each fav pc (3rd field) and create a Session Group as you wish, and follow this instruction, it should work like charm.

One more tip that it's very useful, at least for us:

A group Session called 'Host connected', and add this filter: HostConnectedCount > 0

It will show all open connections. That's very useful to know who else is working and which computers is being remotely occupied.

I hope it helps.

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2017 7:20:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified