logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slam5  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:57:40 AM(UTC)
slam5

Canada

I've a dynamic hostname where my Screenconnect is hosted. It had been populated to various customer already so changing is not possible. My domain is like this: myhost.ddns.net:8040. I can't get a ssl certificate for it as I don't own ddns.net. My major worry is securing my admin login. Right now, my admin page can be access by IP in the world, all I need is my admin password. I'm wondering if I can limit the admin login from specific domain. I can get a dynamic ip update client on my laptop eg: myhost1.ddns.net:8040. My question is how to get SC admin page only responding to my local IP address and my dynamic domain (eg: myhost1.ddns.net). I like to see SC admin page only responded from within my network or from my dynamic domain. Any other IP address clicking on admin login will not get a respond. Thanks in advance!
ckibodeaux  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:41:11 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
The Security Guide has information that may help you.

Section 5.2 discusses 2-factor authentication, which I recommend.

Section 5.4 discusses IP restrictions to the Host & Admin pages.

The problem with IP restrictions is what if you are at someone else's house and you need to connect to a session. What about if you are staying in a hotel while traveling. If you restrict your IP to only work when you are at home, then at home is the only place you will be able to login.
slam5  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:43:55 AM(UTC)
slam5

Canada

that is good. i always carry my ipad or laptop with me. if i have more question, i will post again. thank you!

Originally Posted by: ckibodeaux Go to Quoted Post
The Security Guide has information that may help you.

Section 5.2 discusses 2-factor authentication, which I recommend.

Section 5.4 discusses IP restrictions to the Host & Admin pages.

The problem with IP restrictions is what if you are at someone else's house and you need to connect to a session. What about if you are staying in a hotel while traveling. If you restrict your IP to only work when you are at home, then at home is the only place you will be able to login.