logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matt Highsmith  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:09:12 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Usually there is already a release log for the next version of software. Currently 6.1 is not up for review. I have also heard that the version will be released in November. Any updates?
Mike  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:37:58 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 60 post(s)
We've done some internal builds, and should have an alpha in a couple of weeks available to the public.

ScreenConnect Team
nemosoft  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:51:08 AM(UTC)
nemosoft

Poland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike Go to Quoted Post
We've done some internal builds, and should have an alpha in a couple of weeks available to the public.

couple of weeks is quite long.... Crying

could you write us about some "highlights" in 6.1
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:51:06 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Without giving too much away, we've overhauled the Security tab on the Administration page to allow for easier permission creation, assignment, and management. Since this is one of the core aspects of the product we've had to be extra careful about QA and proper testing. There's been a handful of internal builds where authentication wasn't working correctly and we didn't want to release any of those to the public because no one likes having to reset authentication every time they need to login :).

There are quite a lot of other new features being added but I won't give those away quite yet. If you look through the Product Feedback Portal at some of the top rated issues you could make a few educated guesses though.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
futura on 11/8/2016(UTC)
nemosoft  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:01:01 PM(UTC)
nemosoft

Poland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
Without giving too much away, we've overhauled the Security tab on the Administration page to allow for easier permission creation, assignment, and management. Since this is one of the core aspects of the product we've had to be extra careful about QA and proper testing. There's been a handful of internal builds where authentication wasn't working correctly and we didn't want to release any of those to the public because no one likes having to reset authentication every time they need to login :).

There are quite a lot of other new features being added but I won't give those away quite yet. If you look through the Product Feedback Portal at some of the top rated issues you could make a few educated guesses though.

now I feel better ;) I won't get new build soon but at least I know why. Keep working ThumpUp
thanks 1 user thanked nemosoft for this useful post.
futura on 11/8/2016(UTC)