logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eperson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:00:13 PM(UTC)
eperson

United States

I really like the ScreenConnect system, but I need to be able to report on remote session history for compliance with several regulatory laws. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time doing this and I may need to stop using ScreenConnect as a result. I have tried setting up Report Manager to generate what I need, but I haven't had good results. Can anyone help me with the configuring the report for what I need? I need a report that shows the technician name, remote computer name, connected time and disconnected time for each remote connection. How would I do this with the Report Manager extension?

Thanks in advance.
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:49:03 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eperson Go to Quoted Post
I really like the ScreenConnect system, but I need to be able to report on remote session history for compliance with several regulatory laws. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time doing this and I may need to stop using ScreenConnect as a result. I have tried setting up Report Manager to generate what I need, but I haven't had good results. Can anyone help me with the configuring the report for what I need? I need a report that shows the technician name, remote computer name, connected time and disconnected time for each remote connection. How would I do this with the Report Manager extension?

Thanks in advance.

Good morning eperson!

The following report definition will generate a report that contains the technician (host) name, session name, remote (guest) computer name, connected time, and disconnected time for all access session connections made by a host on December 7, 2016:

Aggregation Type: Ungrouped
Report Type: SessionConnection
Select Fields: ParticipantName, SessionName, SessionGuestMachineName, ConnectedTime, DisconnectedTime
Filter (optional): ProcessType='Host' AND SessionSessionType='Access' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-12-07'
Item Limit: 10000

The aforementioned report definition looks like this in Report Manager (click Run Options --> Download Report to download a CSV, XML, or JSON version of the report):

UserPostedImage

You can modify the filter mentioned above to suit your needs. For example, if you're interested in all access session connections (i.e., host and guest connections) made on 11-15-2016, you can use the following filter:

SessionSessionType='Access' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-11-15'

For all support session connections made by host TechBob on 12-07-2016, you could use this filter:

SessionSessionType='Support' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-12-07' AND ParticipantName = 'TechBob'

Please keep in mind that all datetime information is processed and returned as UTC.
ScreenConnect Team
eperson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:07:21 PM(UTC)
eperson

United States

Thanks Ben, that's seems to be pretty much exactly what I am looking for. If I don't specify a date, how far back does the logging go? It appears to be one year. Is that correct?
Ben B  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:26:45 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Thanks Ben, that's seems to be pretty much exactly what I am looking for. If I don't specify a date, how far back does the logging go? It appears to be one year. Is that correct?

The data that comprise a report are drawn from the session database, so if your database contains two-year-old session connection information, that information will be included in the output if you don't filter on date. Please note you may need to increase the Item Limit parameter to retrieve all session connections from the database. The default Item Limit is 10000.
ScreenConnect Team
eperson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:30:04 PM(UTC)
eperson

United States

Originally Posted by: Ben B Go to Quoted Post

The data that comprise a report are drawn from the session database, so if your database contains two-year-old session connection information, that information will be included in the output if you don't filter on date. Please note you may need to increase the Item Limit parameter to retrieve all session connections from the database. The default Item Limit is 10000.

Thanks it seems I max out at a little under a year with around 19000 entries. Do you happen to know if there is a ScreenConnect settings that specifies how long data is kept?
Ben B  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:55:40 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Thanks it seems I max out at a little under a year with around 19000 entries. Do you happen to know if there is a ScreenConnect settings that specifies how long data is kept?

You can enable database maintenance to periodically delete data from and compact the database. These settings are located on the Database tab of the Admin page. More information about this functionality is described in the following KB article:

https://help.screenconne....php?title=Database_page
ScreenConnect Team
Runar  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 12:58:33 PM(UTC)
Runar

Norway

Originally Posted by: Ben B Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance.

Good morning eperson!

The following report definition will generate a report that contains the technician (host) name, session name, remote (guest) computer name, connected time, and disconnected time for all access session connections made by a host on December 7, 2016:

Aggregation Type: Ungrouped
Report Type: SessionConnection
Select Fields: ParticipantName, SessionName, SessionGuestMachineName, ConnectedTime, DisconnectedTime
Filter (optional): ProcessType='Host' AND SessionSessionType='Access' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-12-07'
Item Limit: 10000

The aforementioned report definition looks like this in Report Manager (click Run Options --> Download Report to download a CSV, XML, or JSON version of the report):

UserPostedImage

You can modify the filter mentioned above to suit your needs. For example, if you're interested in all access session connections (i.e., host and guest connections) made on 11-15-2016, you can use the following filter:

SessionSessionType='Access' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-11-15'

For all support session connections made by host TechBob on 12-07-2016, you could use this filter:

SessionSessionType='Support' AND ConnectedTimeDate = '2016-12-07' AND ParticipantName = 'TechBob'

Please keep in mind that all datetime information is processed and returned as UTC.

Thanks for this Ben. The Report Manger can be a tad hard to get into at first.

Is it possible to schedule a job that automatically generates a report (every day / week / month) and downloads it? Based on what I've found I'm going to assume it's not?
Scott  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:09:57 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 256 post(s)
Nothing within ScreenConnect itself, but you can look at the URL used to download the report and then create a cronjob/scheduled task using curl (or whatever) to pull the same file whenever you want.
ScreenConnect Team