logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matt Highsmith  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Can the feedback survey be disabled? and if not can it be limited to one time being filled out?
Kuffy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
Kuffy

United Kingdom

+1

This is really annoying.
Matt Highsmith  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:46:30 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

I agree, by having the feedback come up that often you will most likely get bad feedbacks. How about have the survey come up once a release and once it submitted it will not come back up for that user.

thanks
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:41:30 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Right now it cannot be disabled but I know the potential for annoyance. We're obviously not trying to be annoying, we just want to learn more about how the product is performing so we can better improve it.

I believe right now its supposed to show 4% of the time, we can always look at reducing that chance; nothing is off the table. Either way, please make sure you register it within the Product Feedback Portal. Again, we're not trying to introduce inconvenience, we're just looking for more ways to gather information so that the product can be improved.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on the forum about it, but in 6.1 we introduced an entirely new compression and encoding method as well as overhauling the previous quality levels. This process required lots of development resources but if you ask me it's the best thing we've added in a very, very long time. The new High quality is faster than the previous Low quality in just about every test we've run. We're at a point where there is still the potential for improvement but it would require a lot more time and effort, so this feedback survey is a way to gauge how high of a priority it should be.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:47:51 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

I will add to the product feedback portal. generally i have nothing but nice things to say about screenconnect / connect. But this feedback survey is definitely an annoyance. I could see this survey popping up this much for a free product, but since it is a paid for product i think more than once a release is over the top.
eepos  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:05:23 PM(UTC)
eepos

Hi, Appreciate and understand you are trying to get feedback, but it is rather frustrating having this pop up frequently. Surely we can all just tell you how good it is and in return you give us a means to disable it?

I'm not sure yet, but please tell me it doesn't come up on the machine you are dialing into? does it? We use screen connect to control machines without keyboards on them so if they get this feedback request after we disconnect they'll get rather fed up of having to restart the machine to get rid of it.
Matt Highsmith  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:10:37 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

Scott, just a fyi the feedback survey popped up 6 times on 30 connections. That is 25% of the time, not 4%. Twice it popped up after each disconnect. Unfortunately the amount of occurrences of the feedback will take away from the quality of the product in some peoples eyes.
Mike  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:52:33 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
@Matt What build are you using?

@eepos The feedback survey is only shown to the host. The guest will not have to interact with the survey
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:57:59 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

i am using the most recent build 6.1.11959.6187 but @EEPOS was asking about the guest interaction.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:03:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

evputten  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:05:59 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post

I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on the forum about it, but in 6.1 we introduced an entirely new compression and encoding method as well as overhauling the previous quality levels. This process required lots of development resources but if you ask me it's the best thing we've added in a very, very long time. The new High quality is faster than the previous Low quality in just about every test we've run. We're at a point where there is still the potential for improvement but it would require a lot more time and effort, so this feedback survey is a way to gauge how high of a priority it should be.

Wow, wow, wow, I checked the video performance between the previous version and this version, incredible !

I can actually watch a movie in a reasonable sized window on a customers screen with sound, it's not 100% fluid, but it's very well do-able.
Also browser screens where pictures keep scrolling is no longer a bother for the connection.

I also tried a CAD/CAM session to see if a user could work from home.
He had no issues trying to work, or problems.

(Told him to go to his boss to see about the cheapest monthly package, as he is NOT going to be using one of our licenses Laugh )

I did notice a slightly slower initial start, but after that it is much better.

Erik.
Matt Highsmith  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:07:27 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

i agree that the resolution speed is much better. that is nice.
OnSite  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:27:21 PM(UTC)
OnSite

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Right now it cannot be disabled but I know the potential for annoyance. We're obviously not trying to be annoying, we just want to learn more about how the product is performing so we can better improve it.

I believe right now its supposed to show 4% of the time, we can always look at reducing that chance; nothing is off the table. Either way, please make sure you register it within the Product Feedback Portal. Again, we're not trying to introduce inconvenience, we're just looking for more ways to gather information so that the product can be improved.

Not cool. How would you feel if your car asked you to fill out a survey 4% of the times you start it? It's been said elsewhere on this forum by others - in unpleasant terms - but the marketing people are running amok.

This is wrong. Massive feedback how to improve the product: don't do this kind of stuff without making it optional. This is supposed to be a professional software package and flexibility, configuration, and branding are a huge part of its feature-set. Nagging users isn't in alignment with that.

Also, the off-site feedback portal requires us to create yet another account on yet another service for yet another purpose. So our input happens here.
thanks 1 user thanked OnSite for this useful post.
Technigogo on 3/28/2017(UTC)
Mike  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:08:12 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OnSite Go to Quoted Post
Not cool.How would you feel if your car asked you to fill out a survey 4% of the times you start it?It's been said elsewhere on this forum by others - in unpleasant terms - but the marketing people are running amok.

This is wrong.Massive feedback how to improve the product: don't do this kind of stuff without making it optional.This is supposed to be a professional software package and flexibility, configuration, and branding are a huge part of its feature-set.Nagging users isn't in alignment with that.

The feedback survey is driven by Product Management and Development. It's not a marketing tool. When you see the final release notes from 6.1, most of the changes made were driven by UE and forum requests. This is an effort to get more techs involved in making the solution great, not just admins.

Most things in the software are built to be configurable, but not always in the beta. We need to be sure the performance enhancements are optimally tuned, before we release. We'll probably build something into the app.config before release.

Quote:
Also, the off-site feedback portal requires us to create yet another account on yet another service for yet another purpose.So our input happens here.

That is the reason to have in application feedback. No sign up needed. Just say how great and perfect we are and press send BigGrin.

The feedback on cadence is very helpful, as in Highsmith's case. I know you have a lot of agents, but I'm not sure how many techs you have assisting you. Could that be the reason for the higher display rate? We're investigating on our side also.
ScreenConnect Team
Summo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:40:16 PM(UTC)
Summo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mike Go to Quoted Post
The feedback survey is only shown to the host. The guest will not have to interact with the survey

Aha! That's an important point that I didn't appreciate. I didn't realise it would be just me receiving the feedback prompt. I assumed this was for my guests.

This changes the situation for me - I don't mind providing feedback to ScreenConnect, I just don't want my clients hassled.

GieltjE  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:13:40 PM(UTC)
GieltjE

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!

Netherlands

Indeed the new algorithm has worked wonders, even on very low bandwidth connections!
However on some machines there is considerable fuzing (e.g. slightly elevated color against black lines).
nobody961  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:47:22 PM(UTC)
nobody961

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I never bought a screenconnect including a feedback survey option.
Please remove it from the default options.

I and many other users will appreciate it.

You will get enough feedback in this forum I think.

StevenDanckaert  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 12:54:36 PM(UTC)
StevenDanckaert

Our Screenconnect is re-branded, so getting a feedback form that is being send to the developer ? Our clients just don't get that... most users are happy when they find the on/off button on their systems in the morning...

Also... clients want our assistance, our help... we use a remote solution to give them that remote assistance.. sorry to say but they are not interested to give feedback on the software we are using to assist them...this is 1 very confusing for them and 2 annoying for us.

We could get rid of the confusion and frustration very easily ..by providing an option to disable it.

As said above, this forum is a great way for you guys to get the real feedback on the product, this is a probably one of those 'great ideas' a non technical financial manager woke up with ...

Screenconnect, a great product ... but don't let such a annoying 'unable to disable' feature spoil it... please.
eepos  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 1:02:34 PM(UTC)
eepos

I agree with Steven, At the end of the day, we've all paid for a version to let us assist our customers, why would we want our support people having to leave feedback all the time. Its definitely one of those really lousy ideas some non techie sales guru has come up with after a night out on the town.

It really benefits no one. It doesn't help us support customers, it doesn't help you get proper feedback since everyone using what has always (until now) been an outstanding product gets disheartened by feeding back irrelevant useless comments without any means to get feedback to issues or comments left (unlike using the forum which correct me but has worked so far). If it isn't broke why Fix it ?? (Or Ruin it)
Matt Highsmith  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 1:51:57 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

once 6.1 is at full release ConnectWise will get alot of feedback from this feature. The feature kind of feels needy.

i am ok with the feature if the following applies - or something like it:

the survey comes up 30 days after installing. Once submitting your feedback the survey does not come back up until next release.
Scott  
#20 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
@Matt Highsmith we originally considered something similar to that but there wasn't a reasonable way to implement it with the current architecture.

With that said, you guys know that we listen to our community, value the feedback greatly, and we've heard your concerns. When set to false, the app.config UserInterfaceSetting 'ShowFeedbackSurveyForm' will prevent the feedback survey from ever appearing after a Host disconnects from a session, instead of its current 4% rate.

This is a Host-side setting so you will need to ensure that it propagates to your machine(s) once configured. If you're using ClickOnce to join sessions (ie from Internet Explorer, Edge, or via LabTech) make sure to run the command shown here on your Host machine (your workstation) to clear the ClickOnce cache. If you are joining sessions via the WindowsSelector, then the exe must be reinstalled to propagate the change. The easiest way to do this is to Reinstall the Guest Access client to your machine (if present). If you do not have an Access client on your workstation, then Uninstall the ScreenConnect Client (xxx) entry from Programs and Features, then rejoin a session to prompt the download.

The following app.config uses the 5.3 and above example shown here, but with the feedback form disabled.

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
	<configSections>
		<section name="ScreenConnect.SystemSettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection" />
		<section name="ScreenConnect.UserInterfaceSettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection" />
	</configSections>
	<ScreenConnect.SystemSettings>
		<setting name="AutoConsentIfUserProcessNotRunning" serializeAs="String"> 
			<value>true</value> 
		</setting> 
	</ScreenConnect.SystemSettings>
	<ScreenConnect.UserInterfaceSettings>
		<setting name="HideWallpaperOnConnect" serializeAs="String">
			<value>false</value>
		</setting>
		<setting name="ShowBalloonOnConnect" serializeAs="String">
			<value>false</value>
		</setting>
		<setting name="ShowFeedbackSurveyForm" serializeAs="String">
			<value>false</value>
		</setting>
	</ScreenConnect.UserInterfaceSettings>
</configuration>

I don't believe the Edit App.Config Extension has this setting available yet, but I'll ensure it gets added.

Edited by user Friday, January 6, 2017 2:40:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: formatting

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 4 users thanked Scott for this useful post.
ckibodeaux on 1/6/2017(UTC), jfelps on 1/9/2017(UTC), myers6mm on 1/9/2017(UTC), NJH.siii on 1/22/2017(UTC)
Matt Highsmith  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 3:13:58 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

thanks Scott - that is great

you also might want to look at lowering the percentage then to like .004% Mainly because we have about 60 connections a day and will see the survey several times.

Edited by user Friday, January 6, 2017 3:20:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Technigogo  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:22:26 AM(UTC)
Technigogo

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I disagree that this is great. It's not enough. Get rid of this crap. You want my feedback? I loved your product before ConnectWise. I am less happy with it afterwards that I have to run two effing servers to get the benefit of my licenses. Now with this stupid survey? You can probably guess. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired twice. Now, you want *us* to have to modify your config files and reinstall?? Why? It's obvious it is horribly unpopular so apologize or not but remove the damn thing instead of making us fix your mistake.
Matt Highsmith  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:36:18 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

trust me - what i was stating was great was that you can disable the survey in the app.config. the survey was too much