logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nobody961  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:02:51 PM(UTC)
nobody961

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I experience a disconnect for about 1 minute from one client I installed recently (the green bar on the right is dark and a session if currently running will freeze).
This is a brand new Server (DEll T630) Server 2012R2. Dual intel network card, Hyper-V installed.
One network card is exclusive for hyper-V, one for hyper-V and the host.
I also have hyper-V guest running inside.
The hyper-V guest is the "old" server, virtualized. SC ist also running here. No disconnects, SC was installed previously and there never was a problem.
I installed SC on the host, and this is the one which disconnects at regular intervals.

I connected to the hyper-V guest and from there I used rdp to look on the hyper-V host.
During the time the disconnect happens there is no error message about anything. There are no entries in the systemlog about network problems or disconnects, and, during the time of the disconnect I can even ping the ip of my relay-host (even for a longer time, not a single ping is lost).
I have other systems running in similar environments (software, hardware) where I dot not have trouble like this.

All together it looks like this has to be a software problem like server 2012R2 and this screenconnect version having a special issue.
Is there a logfile on the client where I could start investigating this? Or, where should I start?

TIA
nobody961  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 10:34:09 AM(UTC)
nobody961

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Seems I have fixed it by setting the routers policy to prefer one outgoing WAN instead of leaving it to the routers load balancing algorythms for the IP adresses of the Server 2012R2. It is still not clear why this previously worked fine with the same SC version on Server 2003, but as long as it has been fixed, ok.