logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben B  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 5:44:48 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Client Network Deployer

I am happy to announce the release of the Client Network Deployer extension, version 1.0. The Client Network Deployer extension is now available in the ScreenConnect Extension Browser. The downloadable utility, ScreenConnectClientNetworkDeployer.exe, requires .NET 4.0+.

Capabilities

The Client Network Deployer utility enables domain administrators to mass-deploy the ScreenConnect access client to all domain-joined Windows machines on a subnet. The Client Network Deployer also enables domain administrators to check the status of and start stopped access clients on all domain-joined Windows machines on a subnet.

UserPostedImage---UserPostedImage

Usage

1. Install the Client Network Deployer extension on your instance of ScreenConnect (6.0+ required).
  2. From the Admin page, click your name at the bottom left corner of the window and select "Download Client Network Deployer".
  3. Launch ScreenConnectClientNetworkDeployer.exe (you will need to run this exe as an admin)
  4. Enter domain administrator credentials if necessary by clicking "change..."

UserPostedImage

You can revert to using the current user's credentials by selecting the "Current user" radio option

5. Click "Client Details" to view client details associated with a particular instance of the Client Network Deployer
  6. Click "Subnet" or "Arp Table" to load subnet IP addresses or IP addresses from your machine's ARP table, respectively

UserPostedImage

7. Once you've loaded addresses from your subnet or ARP table, select at least one IP address
  8. With at least one IP address selected, click "Check Client Status" to query the status of the ScreenConnect client on the remote machine(s)

UserPostedImage

9. With at least one IP address selected, click "Start Clients" to attempt to start a stopped ScreenConnect client on the remote machine(s)

UserPostedImage

10. With at least one IP address selected, click "Deploy Clients" to attempt to install the ScreenConnect client on the remote machine(s)

UserPostedImage

The Client Network Deployer will indicate whether or not the client was successfully deployed. In cases where deployment failed, the Client Network Deployer will provide a reason (e.g. non-Windows machine detected, access denied, etc.)

11. If you're using ScreenConnect 6.1+, you may also launch ScreenConnectClientNetworkDeployer.exe on a remote machine as a dynamic toolbox item from the shared toolbox (double check that your clients are also updated to version 6.1)

UserPostedImage

As with any Extension, we are always open to feedback; feel free to leave yours below.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 7:16:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
cristobalcat on 3/28/2017(UTC)
Tango891  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:14:13 PM(UTC)
Tango891

United States

I like it, the only thing I would like is I would like to specify names for the clients.

Example;

I would like to specify "client name - %computername%"

Otherwise I might have several clients with the same computer name.

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:50:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

MrEastwood  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:15:20 AM(UTC)
MrEastwood

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Looks great! Will test this in the new year sometime
karlsen  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 5:14:58 PM(UTC)
karlsen

I get "Status: Load Error" on the extension. Running SC v6.1.12054.6198 on Ubuntu 16.04.
mrfite  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:50:25 PM(UTC)
mrfite

United States

Good Day,

Thank you, This extension worked in my environment.

I would like to have the ability to enter a starting IP address and an ending IP address so I could search more then just my subnet. We have multiple subnets that I would like to scan.

Thanks again.
artingerb  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 6:37:00 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

this just saved me HOURS deploying SC on a few domain sites! Thank you so much for this. One suggestion is another box to allow us to keep the default (machine name) and (blank group) or change to a specified group or %machinename%
artingerb  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:30:48 PM(UTC)
artingerb

United States

Originally Posted by: mrfite Go to Quoted Post
Good Day,

I would like to have the ability to enter a starting IP address and an ending IP address so I could search more then just my subnet. We have multiple subnets that I would like to scan.

Thanks again.

THIS! +++++++
Ben B  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:46:26 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: artingerb Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mrfite Go to Quoted Post
Good Day,

Thanks again.

THIS! +++++++

The client network deployer should list IP addresses for all subnets accessible from the machine on which the network deployer is executed. You can select a range of IP addresses by clicking the down arrow in the first column header, entering a from/to IP address, and clicking select:

UserPostedImage

I also want to note that if Windows Firewall is enabled on domain-joined Windows 10 machines, you will likely need to enable the following two rules in order for client deployment to succeed:

• Remote Service Management (RPC): this allows the Client Network Deployer to make a remote connection to the guest to query, install, and modify the Client Network Deployer Service
  • File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In): this allows the Client Network Deployer to transfer the files needed to install the ScreenConnect client on the remote machine

Edited by user Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:52:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
mrfite  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:08:26 PM(UTC)
mrfite

United States

Thank you,

I did see the option to filter a range of computers in your subnet and I do find that useful.

The option I would love to have would be to target a different subnet for the scan.

For instance, if administrative systems are on 10.111.111.0/24, and office A's workstations are on 172.16.25.0/24, and office B's Workstations are on 172.16.32.0/24.

Currently, I would need to run the deployer on a system in each subnet instead of running it from one system and picking the subnet to scan.

In my company we have over 100 subnets so running it from a system is each subnet is impracticable.

I do love the deployer and hope that this functionality can be added in the near future.
kfinley2  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:15:46 PM(UTC)
kfinley2

United States

Originally Posted by: Tango891 Go to Quoted Post
I like it, the only thing I would like is I would like to specify names for the clients.

Example;

I would like to specify "client name - %computername%"

Otherwise I might have several clients with the same computer name.

Is there any progress on this request? being able to set CustomProperty1 from the utility would make deployment much faster.
karlsen  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 5:33:48 PM(UTC)
karlsen

Are there any logs or way to debug an extension not loading? I desperately want to use this extension, but all I get is load error. Or, is there any other way to just download a standalone exe?
Ben B  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 6:22:39 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: karlsen Go to Quoted Post
Are there any logs or way to debug an extension not loading? I desperately want to use this extension, but all I get is load error. Or, is there any other way to just download a standalone exe?

Thank you for reporting this behavior. We had previously registered an issue with development regarding certain extensions throwing load errors on mono servers if the compiler issues a warning. The issue is still under investigation.

In this case, the compiler is having an issue with ToolboxProvider.cs (this file contains the logic to implement the dynamic toolbox functionality).

As a workaround for the time being, you can do the following to enable downloading the Client Network Deployer utility via the Admin page:

1) Clone the stock Client Network Deployer extension after installing the Extension Developer extension by selecting Develop --> Clone. You should see a new extension in your list of installed extensions named "Client Network Deployer (Clone)".
2) Select Develop --> Edit Files for the cloned Client Network Deployer extension. This should launch the Extension Editor modal.
3) In the Extension Editor, remove the following line from the Manifest.xml file (line 10):

Code:
<DynamicToolboxProviderDefinition SourceFile="ToolboxProvider.cs" MinProductVersionInclusive="6.1"/>

4) Save the changes to Manifest.xml by clicking "Save" in the Extension Editor command panel.
5) The cloned Client Network Deployer extension should no longer throw a load error.
6) Now you can download the Client Network Deployer utility by clicking your name at the bottom left corner of the window and selecting "Download Client Network Deployer"

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2017 6:23:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
karlsen on 1/13/2017(UTC)