logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chardy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:52:28 PM(UTC)
chardy

United States

Hi,

I have a site behind a Trustwave firewall and when the client tries to connect to our hosted server I get the following error

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I can telnet to the server and I've tried reinstalling the software but still no luck. We have other sites with Trustwave firewalls but does not have this issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
~ Chris

Michael L  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:35:38 PM(UTC)
Michael L

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi Chris,

This error is an indication of a disconnect by the remote machine (server) because the connection couldn't be properly established, or could be a result of a firewall dropping the traffic for some reason defined in its rules. The SC client calls back to the server using a standard TCP handshake, and then starts sending/receiving AES-256 encrypted traffic for your session data. If it's just the one location behind that firewall with the problem, my initial guess is that the firewall at the location is doing some kind of packet inspection on the relay traffic and dropping some/all of it before passing it on to the SC server.

1) What port is your relay port set to? If you're using 443 for the relay port and the Trustwave is set to decrypt/inspect SSL traffic, then the firewall may be getting hung up or dropping some of the relay traffic (our traffic is encrypted with AES-256 and won't be able to be inspected in this manner).
2) Have you tried connecting from more than just the one machine on that network? If so, what were the results?
3) You may try talking with the network admin at that location to look through the firewall logs and see if they can find your ScreenConnect server's URL or IP address in there as an exception / event.
4) You may also try running Wireshark or Netmon on one of the machines to see if you can get a look into what's happening, but this may or may not be useful if something's happening to the traffic outside of the machine.

Would it be possible for the network admin there to add your ScreenConnect URL into the whitelist on the firewall to see if the issue persists?

-Michael

Edited by user Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:36:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) Support Team