logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gslonline  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 6:03:44 PM(UTC)
gslonline

Hi - we're looking at migrating from on-premise to the new cloud version...is there a simple process to switch all the Windows clients? We have around 450 so keen not to have to manually remote on to each one and download the new client package?

I was wondering whether there was a tool to do this? Or a script? Is it as simple as changing the ScreenConnect ID in the registry?

I'm assuming we'll have to do the Macs manually!!

Thanks, Nick
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:06:06 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
So, I do have an experiemental method that has had success in the past with similar migrations, it basically changes the cloud instance's asymmetric key to that of your on-premise install. Then you update the on-premise install to change the location to where client's callback and push out a reinstall to each client. As each client processes the reinstall, it is repointed to the new cloud instance which accepts its asym key. Again, though, it's highly experimental and I cannot guarantee results. If you're interested, shoot an email to our Support team and mention my name (Scott) in the title and it'll find it's way up to me.

Alternatively, you could just place an Access client installer into your server's toolbox and then use the Run Tool option on the Host page to execute it on each remote machine. This is significantly safer.
ScreenConnect Team