logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
minitrucker007  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:20:06 AM(UTC)
minitrucker007

United States

I am trying to connect my Zendesk with my sreenconnect remote support plugin. The plugin is asking for a screenconnect API token. I can not find this in my account and I have followed about three how-to's and none of them have led me to the right location to get the token. Anyone have any idea where I can find this?

Thanks,
Minitrucker007
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:00:18 AM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: minitrucker007 Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to connect my Zendesk with my sreenconnect remote support plugin. The plugin is asking for a screenconnect API token. I can not find this in my account and I have followed about three how-to's and none of them have led me to the right location to get the token. Anyone have any idea where I can find this?

Thanks,
Minitrucker007

The API token is generated for you automatically the first time you open the Zendesk Integration settings (you'll need to install the Zendesk Integration extension in ScreenConnect before the following steps are applicable).

To open the Zendesk Integration extension settings modal, navigate to the Extensions tab on the Admin page, click your name at the bottom left corner of the window, and select "Zendesk Integration Settings":

UserPostedImage

If the extension detects that the ScreenConnect API Token setting has not been set, the extension will generate a new API token and display it in the modal (remember to input the remaining extension settings and click Save Settings):

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
minitrucker007 on 1/17/2017(UTC)
minitrucker007  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:01:41 AM(UTC)
minitrucker007

United States

Perfect. Great Directions. I did everything that was listed and the app enabled in my app manager in zendesk.

I am now getting this error when I open a ticket. Any ideas what I did wrong. I copied and pasted the API key and I put in a URL of https://name.screenconnect.com I did not change any of the other option on the installer.
Error
Ben B  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:58:48 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
It sounds like the ScreenConnect API Token or ScreenConnect Base URL setting has been mis-specified in the ScreenConnect Remote Support App for Zendesk app configuration.

In Zendesk, your settings should look something like this (you'll need to substitute in your information):

UserPostedImage

In ScreenConnect, the Zendesk Integration extension settings should look something like this (again, sub in your info):

UserPostedImage

Also make sure you're using version 1.2 of the ScreenConnect Remote Support App for Zendesk and version 1.2.3 of the Zendesk Integration extension in ScreenConnect.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
minitrucker007 on 1/17/2017(UTC)
minitrucker007  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:27:38 PM(UTC)
minitrucker007

United States

All my setting look like that. I uninstalled the app from Zendesk and reinstalled it and its working. Thanks for all your help.