logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robertd  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:22:33 PM(UTC)
robertd

Hi all, I saw that per the requirements page Server 2000 is listed as follows - Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (.NET Framework 2.0+ or JRE 1.5+) , I am attempting to install the client on a machine with Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with .NET Framework 2.0 and JRE 6.0 and for some reason I keep getting the error that it the installer is not a valid Win32 application, this is while trying to use the .exe format. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:54:50 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 255 post(s)
If you try to install the MSI, does it behave any differently?

Also, just to see if it's any different, what happens if you attempt to join a support session and change the session join type to one of the Java-based options?
ScreenConnect Team
robertd  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:01:57 PM(UTC)
robertd

If I try to install using an msi it brings up the first screen and says preparing to install, then a second screen with a progress bar then it just closes without installing. I can't even get to a support page in IE on this machine that will load to download an installer lol, I am having to build it then copy it to this machine. Every support page I go to in IE is just a blank page I am assuming due to the new website coding vs the age of this machine.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:44:27 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

On a separate machine, you can connect to a Support session as a Guest and change the join mode to one of the java options. Try to move the jnlp file that is downloaded over to the 2000 machine and see if it can be executed.
ScreenConnect Team
robertd  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:28:35 PM(UTC)
robertd

Sorry, which option would be java? I have ClickOncedirect, UrlLaunch, WindowsInstallerDownload, WebStartBootstrap and Webstartdirect
Scott  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:32:55 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

WebStartDirect and WebStartBootstrap both utilize the jnlp file, thus join sessions using Java. It might be slightly out of date, but this KB article has a brief overview.
ScreenConnect Team
robertd  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:48:07 PM(UTC)
robertd

Okay got that, I was able to join a support session this way, I then tried to right click and do Install Access in hopes that would get the client on, then on the 2000 box it popped up and showed it copying the .exe file, then prompted and said Run as other user, you may not have the necessary permissions to use all the features of the program you are about to run. You may run this program as a different user or continue to run the program as *****\Administrator, I tried running as the current account which is local admin and as a domain admin account, both times when I put the info in and hit ok the box just goes away but it never installs, and manually trying to run the .exe file it copied when trying to install access it does the "not a valid win32 application' error.
Scott  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:22:26 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

I was able to replicate the same exe/msi installation behavior and I've registered it as a defect. At the surface I don't see a simple fix for it so the Java session might be as good as it gets, at least for the moment.

Regardless, the issue is registered and pending prioritization.
ScreenConnect Team
Darren  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:20:10 AM(UTC)
Darren

What is the status of this issue -- has it been resolved?

-darren