logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EnlightenIT  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:21:30 PM(UTC)
EnlightenIT

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I noticed after setting up a free instance, I am unable to turn a support session into an access session even while on the latest release. Is this only me or are others having the same issue?
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 1:50:58 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EnlightenIT Go to Quoted Post
I noticed after setting up a free instance, I am unable to turn a support session into an access session even while on the latest release. Is this only me or are others having the same issue?

I just tested this on a 6.1.12292 instance with the free license type. I joined a Windows guest to a support session and selected "Install Access" from the host page. The access client installed on the guest machine without issue.

How many access clients are calling back to your instance? The free license type allows up to three access clients to call back at the same time.

Also, what is the guest's OS for the support session you are attempting to convert to an access session?
ScreenConnect Team
EnlightenIT  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 4:53:04 AM(UTC)
EnlightenIT

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After upgrade to latest free version, there are many options that are disabled for me. examples include unable to copy paste, send/receive files,block guest input, monitor. Anyone have these issues? Nothing is disabled in app.config
Scott  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:37:07 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 256 post(s)
@EnlightenIT So as of 6.2 we've rolled back a few features for the free licenses. When it came down to it, we wanted to give people the ability to use ScreenConnect for personal use but we were seeing a significant amount of business/corporate use; so we had to scale back the feature set a bit. We made an announcement for it here.

With that said, we are not against adding features back to the license if there are enough requests for it. IMO, copy-paste is one of those critical features that we should have, but file transfer is one that we decided we had to restrict. Due to the current architecture, it wasn't feasible to disable file transfer but leave copy-paste available, since they work in basically the same way. With that said, it is not out of the question for us to split them up a bit, or at least add it back. Still, though, I strongly recommend registering a feature request to enable copy-and-paste for free licenses and you can do so here.
ScreenConnect Team