logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ASIautismIT  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:30:53 PM(UTC)
ASIautismIT

Man
United States

Hi All.
Im an IT at a company and we just picked up ConnectWise. Anyhoo, I setup all computers in the office to run with maximum UAC (admin password for any changes made) including download of exe files. When I am in need of screen sharing to help resolve an issue remotely, I need to have the person download the exe that lets me see their screen, however as they download it, It prompts them for an Admin password that only I have access to. Is there a way to void this prompt so they can download the exe rather than needing to punch in my admin password? Perhaps create an exception for the executable? Id like to avoid needing to go to each pc to create an exception. Any work arounds? Thanks!
ckibodeaux  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:22:31 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Can you use the access client? This would only require downloading once and then would run in the background waiting for connections.
ASIautismIT  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:19:04 PM(UTC)
ASIautismIT

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: ckibodeaux Go to Quoted Post
Can you use the access client? This would only require downloading once and then would run in the background waiting for connections.

I can physically input the admin password when I am in the office, However the majority of the computers do not have the .exe installed on the computers, therefore I would need to physically input the password during the UAC prompts for at least the first time the computer is to be used with remote software. So after the .exe is downloaded once I will not need to do it again?
ckibodeaux  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:41:50 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
There are 2 types of clients. A "Support" client and an "Access" client. The "Support" clients are mostly used for 1 time connections. Say a friend calls you up and wants help, then you direct them to the support page to download & run the support client. The support client doesn't leave any traces behind once you are done helping and close the session. The only way to connect again is to start the process over.

Now an "Access" client is different. It's a small program that is actually installed onto the machine and it calls back to the server giving a permanent pathway to the machine. If users are concerned that you could get into the machine at any time without their approval, there are security settings you can enable that when you want to access a computer it sends a message to the client asking for permission. For the initial install, you would need to be admin.

Hope this helps you a little bit.
thanks 1 user thanked ckibodeaux for this useful post.
ASIautismIT on 2/28/2017(UTC)
ASIautismIT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:52:09 PM(UTC)
ASIautismIT

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: ckibodeaux Go to Quoted Post
There are 2 types of clients. A "Support" client and an "Access" client. The "Support" clients are mostly used for 1 time connections. Say a friend calls you up and wants help, then you direct them to the support page to download & run the support client. The support client doesn't leave any traces behind once you are done helping and close the session. The only way to connect again is to start the process over.

Now an "Access" client is different. It's a small program that is actually installed onto the machine and it calls back to the server giving a permanent pathway to the machine. If users are concerned that you could get into the machine at any time without their approval, there are security settings you can enable that when you want to access a computer it sends a message to the client asking for permission. For the initial install, you would need to be admin.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

Fantastic answer, thanks for clarifying that for me :)