logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SteveTheS  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:45:10 PM(UTC)
SteveTheS

United States

After upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1, all Access clients remain disconnected. This has occurred multiple times, and I must restore to a snapshot. I use the same one-line update command I have always used in the past:

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

sudo workingDirectory=~/scInstall; downloadUrl="https://www.screenconnect.com/Download?Action=DownloadLatest&Platform=Linux&PreRelease=false"; rm -rf $workingDirectory; mkdir $workingDirectory; (cd $workingDirectory; if which wget; then wget -O sc.tar.gz "$downloadUrl"; else curl -L "$downloadUrl" > sc.tar.gz; fi; tar xf sc.tar.gz; $(find . -name install.*);); rm -rf $workingDirectory;

Any ideas?
Michael L  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:31:07 PM(UTC)
Michael L

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
What shows up in the Last Error Message field on the clients?
ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) Support Team
SteveTheS  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:36:59 PM(UTC)
SteveTheS

United States

Unfortunately, someone called for remote assistance while I was troubleshooting so I wasn't able to pull any error messages. I'll try again afterhours.
Michael L  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:18:48 PM(UTC)
Michael L

Man
United States

A lot of the time we'll see an invalid license cause behavior like you're seeing - no clients coming online after upgrade. A quick way to test it after upgrading would be to create a support session and join it as a host, and you'll see any error messages right in the host client.

Before you go through the upgrade process, you might want to check and make sure your license is eligible for the upgrade:
https://help.screenconne...m/Upgrading_your_license
SteveTheS  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:47:28 PM(UTC)
SteveTheS

United States

Thanks, Michael, that was it exactly. Now to figure out how to renew for a reasonable price. Last time I was able to renew my license at a discount, but I don't see that option now.
Michael L  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:42:38 PM(UTC)
Michael L

Man
United States

Glad that we narrowed it down! You can renew your license under the previous terms by logging in, going to the Admin page > License tab and clicking Add or Upgrade Licenses at the bottom. That will take you to the order page, import your existing license, let you add more seats if you want, and show you the pricing at the bottom. There's a trade-in credit applied for the original license, and you'll get an email with a new key to add in once it's completed. Make sure to remove the old key, as it will get revoked in a couple of days.
SteveTheS  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:03:50 PM(UTC)
SteveTheS

United States

That last response put me on the right track. I still had an expired license from 2015 listed on my Licensing screen. After deleting that, the license upgrade screen worked as expected. Before that, only the current full price was available.