logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SportinSS  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 2:22:23 AM(UTC)
SportinSS

United States

Hello there,

We are adding a few customers so they can see their machines that we have listed. And one customer asked the question, can you add two or three users to one computer?

I went to the machine, clicked Edit, and under User Name I tried a few combination. If I type in ONE email address, that machine does show up when the user logs in. So all good there. But I need to be able to enter more than one email address in this field so that more than one user will see this machine.

This is a very new feature for us, so i'm not sure if this is already addressed, but I couldn't find anything doing Google searches or Forum searches.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 12:47:22 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SportinSS Go to Quoted Post
Hello there,

We are adding a few customers so they can see their machines that we have listed. And one customer asked the question, can you add two or three users to one computer?

I went to the machine, clicked Edit, and under User Name I tried a few combination. If I type in ONE email address, that machine does show up when the user logs in. So all good there. But I need to be able to enter more than one email address in this field so that more than one user will see this machine.

This is a very new feature for us, so i'm not sure if this is already addressed, but I couldn't find anything doing Google searches or Forum searches.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Good morning,

You may want to consider using custom properties, session groups, and role-based security to implement this:

1) Make CustomProperty2 visible for access sessions by navigating to the Appearance tab and setting the SessionProperty.Custom2.AccessVisible web resource value to true.
2) Add a comma-separated list of usernames to CustomProperty2 for sessions you'd like to make available to one or more users
3) Create a new access session group and use the following session filter: CustomProperty2 LIKE '*' + $USERNAME + '*'
4) Create a new security role that allows users to only view and interact with sessions residing withing the session group created in step 3
5) Assign the new security role to users that should be restricted to viewing/interacting with sessions where CustomProperty2 contains their username.

You can find more information about topics discussed here via the following links:
Add custom fields: https://help.screenconnect.com/Add_custom_fields
Session group filter reference: https://help.screenconne..._groups_filter_reference
Defining user roles and permissions: https://help.screenconne...er_roles_and_permissions

Hope this helps.

Edited by user Monday, March 20, 2017 12:49:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added KB links

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
SportinSS on 3/21/2017(UTC)
SportinSS  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:11:22 PM(UTC)
SportinSS

United States

THanks Ben! I already had most of this, i just needed to make a change to the Session filter on step 3. This is working great! Thank you =)