logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krancourt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:49:32 PM(UTC)
krancourt

Most users that we have to deal with are not in the same office, and they are standard users, meaning they cant install the .exe or the .msi ( i guess because of the windows service installation)

is there any way i could build an installer that will install only for the current user and would not require them to be admin ?

Would save so much time

the only thing that is currently blocking most of the remote users is that screen connect is creating a Windows Service, do you know if that is possible to do the exact same thing without the need of a service ?

The software could run when the user click on it and then when he reboots i would not be able to access it until the user click on that same EXE again

This way we would be able to send exes to customers and they would be able to keep it and only click on the exe ( no need to create a Service because it would be running as the current user ) and i would be able to connect

Would that be possible ?

Thanks

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 5:01:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more detailed:

Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:03:48 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Assuming you are talking about either the Access client or the WindowsSelector, to my knowledge right now they are required to install as SYSTEM.

If you owuld like to change that behavior, I recommend creating a request within our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team
krancourt  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 5:03:47 PM(UTC)
krancourt

I made the thread Clearer but i cant be the only one facing this problem...

And telling them to go on a webpage or sending them a ling is not always possible it means they have to have an email configured... and also common user are finding it hard to go on a webpage and click on an arrow and install a program...

Anyway Thanks for the help :)
ckibodeaux  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 10:32:58 PM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 31 post(s)
The easiest way is to install the "Guest Session Starter" extension. That would place a box on your support page and all they have to do is press start. You could put a link to your support site on the desktop.

Another method, though my testing of it has been limited, is another extension called "Guest Session Starter Exe" and that would enable you to make an exe that you can place on the users desktop and they would run it to get connected.
krancourt  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:20:12 PM(UTC)
krancourt

Thanks everyone,

I saw people passing parameters in cmd line or in the exe with the session name / port and stuff like that
Where can i get informations on how to add these parameters in the exe ? or with a cmd line ?

The option URLLAUNCH is passing all the options needed and i would like to know how to do that directly from a cmd line with the exe already on the computer

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks