logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnkhall  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:11:28 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I *hate* to maximize my browser windows. In the past I used the "Fluid Panels for ScreenConnect 6" extension to allow me to control viewability of the sidebar/SubDetailPanel object, but now with 6.2 it's no longer working.

Instead, now whenever the window is "too narrow" (as defined by ConnectWise) a huge panel sucks up 70% of the entire 3rd column, obscuring most of the details for the *only* device that's visible. I can't even tell if the device is connected, since the colored information is obscured.

Is there a fix for Fluid Panels, or is there any other way to just force the display behavior to how it was before - where *I* get to decide when things collapse or move around?

chriscamp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:16:33 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I too miss this functionality. Is a fix in the works?
Steven  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:22:22 PM(UTC)
Steven

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Update the extension to version 2.0, and use the User menu on the host page to change the location of the details instead of clicking on the header. I did take out the ability to hide the session groups because the developers had put something in that would do this on mobile (what got me started on the extension), so I took that functionality out because that change broke the functionality. Since it's important to at least a few of you, I'll take a look and see if I can force-trigger that new mobile fly out menu on larger screens to help free up that real estate as well.

To hide the details entirely, there is an "X" that appears on the details portion of that right panel that you can click to hide the session's details that was added with the new mobile UI changes, and I extended those to be visible and active all the time. To get the details back, click any session in the list.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:42:58 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Steven,

how long does it normally take for an updated extension to be available online?
Steven  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:14:43 PM(UTC)
Steven

United States

Matt,

The 2.0 version is available now, and has been for some time. The update to get the left content to be a fly-out all the time will depend on my schedule and how long it takes for me to get that update in (if the extension has my name on it, I work on it at home in my free time), and submit it. Once it's submitted it can be as quick as a day, but usually is about a week or so (can be longer during certain parts of their development cycle), as the Control development team reviews all submissions to be reasonably sure they aren't malicious before approving, even if it's from someone like me who works in the same company.

* Officially supported extensions, which this one is not, go through an additional check to ensure they work as intended, and don't break functionality of the main system, or other supported extensions.

Edited by user Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:18:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added note about official extensions.

ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:27:50 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Steven,

when i go to extensions | browse online extensions the version showing is 1.1.1

I guess that i am missing something?
myers6mm  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:36:33 PM(UTC)
myers6mm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Matt Highsmith Go to Quoted Post
Steven,

when i go to extensions | browse online extensions the version showing is 1.1.1

I guess that i am missing something?

I'm seeing the same thing.
shawnkhall  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:31:47 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

here, too. only 1.1.1 is available and no other extension "*fluid*" exists.
Steven  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 12:28:46 AM(UTC)
Steven

United States

I'll take that hit on the nose... I checked on a second server and saw that it was on 2.0 as well as my development box, but I must have copied it over to that one for testing. Checking the store, it is indeed still 1.1.1 for the max. I just published 2.0 a few minutes ago, so it's waiting on approval. Still doesn't hide navigation/session groups, but does move/hide the details panel as described above.
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:27:53 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

2.0 is available now. i installed it this morning. unfortunately, this version doesn't seem to do anything on 6.2 as far as the panel behavior goes. a nasty side-effect though is that it does change the style of the right column to black on white, regardless of the theme in use. :(
Steven  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:25:57 PM(UTC)
Steven

United States

Originally Posted by: shawnkhall Go to Quoted Post
2.0 is available now. i installed it this morning. unfortunately, this version doesn't seem to do anything on 6.2 as far as the panel behavior goes. a nasty side-effect though is that it does change the style of the right column to black on white, regardless of the theme in use. :(

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, this version will not affect the left navigation or session group panels, as those had been refactored in the main product to work differently on devices with lower resolution widths, which caused some problems with the way I was hiding them.

I had also attempted to clean up the CSS changes by importing the base.css file we use, as that will provide me with variables such as the widths of columns, colors, etc. However, as you found, the base.css assumes the normal color scheme, which is modified by the dark.css file in the dark themes. I'll have to see if there is a good way to take that into account, or if I'll need to abandon using the css defaults (the goal was to avoid needing to have a new css file with each new release as things change).
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:06:46 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

thanks, Steven.

what i'd really like to be able to do again is make it so that it *never* switches to a lower pane. i'd rather have the details pane always take up vertical space and never take up horizontal space. the fluid panels extension offered this ability before by allowing me to opt to toggle vertical or horizontal layouts. the current version (2.0) of the fluid panels extension no longer imposes its will in that way, instead providing only color changes (as far as i can tell). it does allow me to set a preferred position (bottom or right) but in my brief testing that didn't mandate that position, only acted as a one-time preference assignment. the second i navigate away and back it's back to how it was before.
Steven  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:00:12 PM(UTC)
Steven

United States

Originally Posted by: shawnkhall Go to Quoted Post
thanks, Steven.

what i'd really like to be able to do again is make it so that it *never* switches to a lower pane. i'd rather have the details pane always take up vertical space and never take up horizontal space. the fluid panels extension offered this ability before by allowing me to opt to toggle vertical or horizontal layouts. the current version (2.0) of the fluid panels extension no longer imposes its will in that way, instead providing only color changes (as far as i can tell). it does allow me to set a preferred position (bottom or right) but in my brief testing that didn't mandate that position, only acted as a one-time preference assignment. the second i navigate away and back it's back to how it was before.

Thanks for the response. The new version uses browser cookies to remember the location so that it can be placed on a per-user basis. The one version prior actually did this as well, but also conformed to the defaults that could be set in the extension properties, while the newer version does not have those defaults. I'll take this into consideration with the next release, but for now, make sure you're not wiping cookies from the site to keep the location preference.

As for forcing it to always be a vertical pane, it's true that the current version doesn't do that, but the older version did so not because it forced it that way, but because Control itself didn't put that on the bottom (if I remember correctly). I can, however, have it set to force one way or the other, but I'll likely make it separate 'mobile' and 'desktop' preferences.
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:38:14 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

It could be because I have several windows open. I tend to have 3 or 4 SC instances running at any given moment. Various searches and client views. If the cookie stomps on the other windows anytime I switch between tabs or browsers, I can see why it would only be treated as a single assignment.

I can see how a mobile preference would be important (lower pane definitely more important there).

But for desktop use, the third column is already wasting way too much space 95% of the time (with those connectivity state bars and icons), and it's rare that I ever needed to switch to bottom pane for a better view of the command console (or anything else in the detail pane). I run six 23" monitors on my primary machine with a 150% zoom in Chrome and dedicate two displays to SC. I maximize only when I'm running serial commands in the command tool. Outside of that the windows are roughly 1/3 of any individual screen (~1100x700). Each time I maximize or restore it pops the lower pane again, which means it covers *everything* in column 3 (the device list). I often can't even see which device is selected anymore if the lower pane is active.

Column 2 could be brought down to 25% with no loss in function, and the checkboxes and status diagrams could be made to use less space.

Here's some CSS that makes it *almost* perfect for me:

'// =====================
@media (max-width: 750px){
.OuterPanel .MasterPanel {
width: 25%;
}
.OuterPanel .MainDetailPanel, .OuterPanel .MainDetailHeaderPanel {
left: 25%;
width: 35%;
height: 100%;
}
.OuterPanel .SubDetailPanel {
left: 60%;
top: 0%;
}
}

.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableHeaderPanel > a {
width: 16px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer table td:first-child {
width: 12px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableHeaderPanel > a, .MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel td:first-child {
background-size: auto 15px;
}

.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer table td {
padding: 2px 4px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer table td:last-child {
width: 32px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer .StatusDiagramPanel {
height: 80px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer .StatusDiagramPanel * {
position: initial;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer .StatusDiagramPanel > div {
width: 100%;
height: 50%;
background-size: 24px;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer .StatusDiagramPanel > div > div {
top: -1px;
left: 0 !important;
}
.MainDetailPanel .DetailSelectionPanel .DetailTableContainer .StatusDiagramPanel > div > p {
font-size: 6px;
}
'// =====================

Edited by user Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:40:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added window dimensions for 1/3 screen

shawnkhall  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:33:15 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

I created an extension so I could add that CSS and it works *perfectly* for desktop. Mobile is pretty screwy though. I'll have to figure out how the mobile CSS is being loaded to be able to bypass loading for mobile.
shawnkhall  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:13:31 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

I changed the @ rule and now it's behaving fine on mobile as well:
@media (max-width: 750px) and (min-width: 500px)

I'm going to share this extension ("Cleaner Columns") so others can see how to implement custom styles.
shawnkhall  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 7:18:45 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Submitted. Now waiting on approval.
promptcare  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 3:12:23 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Keeping an eye on the repository....