logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeD  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:21:07 PM(UTC)
MikeD

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Running 6.2.12963.6312 on self hosted Windows 10 VM

System works fine all morning but from lunchtime (12ish) onwards the most guests disconnect en masse whether or not they were in session, once it starts then the guests continue to connect and disconnect at random intervals the disconnect period is usually between 0 and 40seconds and the connected period is between 0 and 20 mins but generally 0 and 5 mins. This continues through to sometime between 5 or 6pm and then everything works ok up until lunchtime the following day

There is an exception! one set of PCs is in a client that has the same ISP as me and these stay connected and I can connect in to them ok

I have tried running pathpings and tracert from both ends but cannot see any real difference between broken and working but the disconnect periods are usually so short that even running at 1 minute intervals may not catch the problem time

any suggestions as to how to track this down please as the ISP just says nobody else has reported a problem and everything looks fine

thanks Mike

Edited by user Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:22:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MikeD  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:25:43 PM(UTC)
MikeD

United Kingdom

in the absence of any suggestions I have installed Message Analyzer on both a guest and the host and have captured a trace where the link dropped

the only thing I can see is that in the 10 second period leading up to a disconnect the remote shows a packet labelled reassembledtcp which is then resent 7 times without response this pattern is repeated with no response from the host

during this period the host shows that it sends multiple keep alive packets but nothing is received by the guest

Are the flags shown in the summary column significant?

what should I be looking for?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:42:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:39:19 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 256 post(s)
I would be interested in seeing the traffic through all 3 points. From the Guest, the traffic goes through the ScreenConnect server before moving along to the Host, so it would be beneficial to run a packet capture at all 3 points simultaneously.

If the traffic is being resent 7 times, is it making it to the server? Is the server receiving it but then not getting a response from the Host?
ScreenConnect Team
MikeD  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:21:54 AM(UTC)
MikeD

United Kingdom

Thanks for the response Scott. Apologies in advance but the evil demon inside me wants to make a response about the 2 weeks that have elapsed since I asked the question but I wouldn't do that, oops sorry!

Just to put everyone's mind at rest this has now been accepted as an ISP fault. I kept repeating to them that I believed it to be an issue between them and the rest of the internet. Despite being adamant that it couldn't be they removed my connection from all their traffic shaping and bandwidth control and everything worked reliably again

I have now had 10 days of perfect service so it was definitely NOT a problem with ScreenConnect

For the record "If the traffic is being resent 7 times, is it making it to the server?" no the traffic never arrived at the server