logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rogerfgay  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:57:22 AM(UTC)
rogerfgay

Warning: Newbie!

I made my way through setting up two connections to my control panel while I was able to experiment with both ends of the connection.
Then made the fatal mistake of uninstalling one of the machines connections.
Not remembering exactly how I made the connections to begin with; I've spent hours looking for the right instructions.

Now I need to also instruct someone on the remote machine that needs to be maintained on what they need to do:
(while also understanding exactly what I need to do at my control panel).

Can't find clear instructions on how to do it.
Seems like I need to be at the machine that needs maintenance and at my control panel at the same time?

Oh please help the newbie!
Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:11:52 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
So this KB article has a high-level overview of how to use the Access feature of ConnectWise Control.

Basically, you need to navigate to your instance's Host page and then go to the Access section. Once there, find the 'Build +' button in the upper-left corner of the page and click on it. It should bring up a modal that allows you to configure some information and change what type of package you're creating. If you're installing on a Windows machine you can just leave it at the defaults. Click the 'Download Installer' button which will prompt your browser to download the installation package. Any machine on which you run this exe will install the Access client software, automatically call back to your instance, and appear on your Host page in the Access section. You can reuse this exe as many times as you want and on as many machines as you want.
ScreenConnect Team
zoneseekca  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:09:50 PM(UTC)
zoneseekca

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Canada

If you're running 6.1+ you can also create a new support session, have the fellow on the other end join it on the system in question and then once connected right click on the session and click install access. This will install the client and the system will then be available under Access. Good alternative if there is some kind of problem or issue with getting the installer exe/msi over to the remote user.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:10:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified