logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnkhall  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:27:17 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It's been 15 days since I submitted my extension "Cleaner Columns".

How long does one have to wait before it's reviewed and approved? Other threads suggest "up to a week" - which seems like a week ago it should have either been approved or rejected. Considering it's basically just CSS, I can't imagine what's taking so long.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 11:21:12 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Blame for the delay in reviewing extensions falls solely upon me and I'm sorry its taken so long. In general we aim for 3-7 days to review them, and while I've looked at your extension a few days ago, I didn't get around to truly reviewing it, again, sorry about that.

I just reviewed and approved your extension, thanks for the work you put into it and wanting to share it with the community!
ScreenConnect Team
evputten  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 12:37:42 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, Shawn, I tried this extension.

It removes very usefull info from the screen, I can understand the need on a very low resolution screen.
I do want to know how long an operator has been connected to a system and how long the system has been online.
That info totally get's lost.

I've included two screenshots, I agree that the space between the icon of the person with a headset and the monitor is very large. However as you can see it's not being re-used on my screen.

However when I try this on my IPhone, it does work much better.
There I can see the side screen with the computer info if I hold it in landscape, without the extensions I see indeed a lot of wasted space and no computer/chat/processes etc. info.

Could you maybe amend the hiding of the connection info when there is enough room on the screen ?

I do like the idea, just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,
Erik.

With Extension
With Extension

Without Extension
Without Extension

shawnkhall  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 3:57:47 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Thank you, Scott.
shawnkhall  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 4:06:20 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

@evputten, I think you must have changed the time display tags on your install. On mine the space between the status indicator bar and either headset or device lists only the time period ("14d 3h" or "2h 14m") and doesn't start with or include "Guest - ".

I agree that the space on yours is wasted even more in this context, though. What's the resolution on your device and are you using standard fonts or a different scaling factor? In your setup I would have the device indicators still condensed but significantly increase the size of the details column.

It's simple enough, though, that setting up the ability to have the CSS built dynamically so people have a choice whether to condense or not, and the percentage scale for the details column could all be integrated into options. I'll look into doing that when I have time again.