logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Taillow500  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:39:58 PM(UTC)
Taillow500

United States

My company uses Screen connect but our IT Department keeps all of our clients on Access, but IT has to remember to put in credentials or we may not be able to log into the computer later. Is it possible to force a prompt for credentials on Access Installation? If so that would be super helpful.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 11:06:23 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Just to be certain I'm understanding, are you wanting a way to immediately force the Save Credential popup on the remote machine after first installing the Access client? The general use case is to require the end user to enter their credentials so they're always available when necessary?
ScreenConnect Team
Taillow500  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 4:42:04 PM(UTC)
Taillow500

United States

Correct. We want it to force prompt save credentials as soon as Access has been installed. Our company does a lot of night maintenance (Servers go down, and system updates) as its easier on the companies we are maintaining. The issue comes in when an IT staff member forgets to save credentials (We are just now moving to Screen Connect from Go To Assist where credentials are part of unattended access installation) and we end up not being able to do maintenance or fix an issue until morning which can be a huge issue. There are also non tech savvy Customer Service reps using this software setting unattended ups for the IT department.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:45:24 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Unfortunately I cannot think of a reliable way to do this, even hackishly nothing is really coming to mind.

I recommend creating a feature request within our Product Feedback Portal so that our PM team can provide feedback and prioritize it accordingly.
ScreenConnect Team