logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imthetech  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 3:57:18 AM(UTC)
imthetech

United States

In a slightly older version of ScreenConnect self-hosted I had any new support session defaulting to a public session with a name I specify.
One click, enter name, press Enter, done and session joined.

Now in the latest version, I find having to do several extra clicks... how was this better?

Any way I can customize that "public session" would be first/priority over the "enter a 4-digit code" option.

Really wish people would actually consider those of us that have to use the software before just making changes because some programmer somewhere needs to prove his web 2.0 skills to the new ConnectWise management. This 4 extra clicks to do what we were doing before is NOT an improvement.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 11:19:55 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Quote:
Really wish people would actually consider those of us that have to use the software before just making changes because some programmer somewhere needs to prove his web 2.0 skills to the new ConnectWise management.

Ha! But if ConnectWise management isn't impressed with my web 2.0 skills, then why are we here? What is this all for?(just kidding)

Either way, I wanted to post that we've received a decent amount of feedback regarding this change and we're considering any and all options to improve the process. I posted a bit more information here.
ScreenConnect Team
imthetech  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 3:14:52 AM(UTC)
imthetech

United States

Well, there's an extension for this now: http://forum.screenconne...ion-Creation-v1-0-1.aspx

...but it doesn't work in IE 11 and unless your an admin you can't actually make public sessions the default. Half baked. Not impressed for what's become one of the most expensive remote support solutions out there.

Not everyone wants your new cloud-dependent/subscription based business model where you decide on features - instead of respecting the (paying) customer with the (old) features they actually use and want.