logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matty34  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:30:58 PM(UTC)
Matty34

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

What's the best method to remove old access connections?

We have some access connections that have been idle (offline) for more than 50 days. I want to be able to filter anything from 30 days, so I can remove it. What's the best way to do this?

Cheers

Edited by user Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:48:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Conrad L  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:43:45 PM(UTC)
Conrad L

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Matty34,

You can create a session group on the Access page to isolate all the connections that have been idle for 30 days or more with the following Session Filter expression (version 6.3):

Code:
LastConnectedEventTime < $30DAYSAGO

This will filter all sessions in which no connection has been made for 30 days. You can then select all the sessions within this group by clicking the check box just below the session name in the Main Detail Panel. Next, click the More button in that same panel, select Uninstall and then choose the appropriate uninstall option for your purposes.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 2 users thanked Conrad L for this useful post.
Matty34 on 7/27/2017(UTC), vexation on 7/30/2017(UTC)
Matty34  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:47:13 PM(UTC)
Matty34

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Conrad L Go to Quoted Post
Hi Matty34,

You can create a session group on the Access page to isolate all the connections that have been idle for 30 days or more with the following Session Filter expression (version 6.3):

Code:

This will filter all sessions in which no connection has been made for 30 days. You can then select all the sessions within this group by clicking the check box just below the session name in the Main Detail Panel. Next, click the More button in that same panel, select Uninstall and then choose the appropriate uninstall option for your purposes.

Perfect. Worked a charm.

Thanks for the quick response, Conrad.
thanks 1 user thanked Matty34 for this useful post.
northcide on 8/24/2017(UTC)
vexation  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 10:48:34 AM(UTC)
vexation

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Conrad L Go to Quoted Post
Hi Matty34,

Code:

Great to see this function in 6.3, I know people have asked for it for a while.

I've tried $100DAYSAGO but can still see machines that last updated 67d ago. Is the expression intended to be controllable or is it hard set for 30 days?

It's not uncommon for some of our clients to not switch hardware or (or connect to the internet) for 30 days but I'd love to be able to end sessions that haven't connected to us for an extended period of time (i.e 6 months)