logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thethuntersone  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:50:01 PM(UTC)
thethuntersone

I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I've been using ConnectWise Control for a few months now using the One single tech license subscription paying monthly. I run a one man shop where I connect to my clients (Mac and PC) one at a time and only from one computer. I usually email them a link either with a code or the link that automatically downloads the client. I don't use any plug ins. I've customized the landing page where they enter the code with my company name and logo, but that's not a big deal to me, since they're on that page for just a moment to start the session. I was wondering given those parameters, if I can get away with the free version or am I missing something as far the features that I'm using or need. I have no problem supporting this software as I do enjoy using it, but with business being down, I can use every penny. Thanks for any input here.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:14:40 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
Have you taken a look at the feature comparison chart found here?

From that chart, it looks like branding and customization isn't possible for a free account. With that said, if an account goes from Paid -> Free, I don't believe we have a mechanism in place to revert customizations made. This means if you downgrade your license you'll likely be able to keep the changes you made, but you also wouldn't be able to modify them in the future unless you upgrade back to a paid level (we effectively just disable access to the Appearance tab for free licenses).

Since you mainly do a single Support session at a time I'd think you can get away with the free tier without a problem. If you want to continue to support us but still want to switch to the free level, please consider turning whitelisting your cloud hostname in your adblocking software (if you use any). While the ad revenue is minimal, it certainly doesn't hurt in offsetting the hosting costs and any little amount is appreciated!
ScreenConnect Team