logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LoneWolf  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 7:51:36 PM(UTC)
LoneWolf

United States

I have been asked if we can set up our CC server for clients to control their own machines. Background: We are an MSP, using Connectwise Automate and Connectwise Control (on our own servers). The issue I see with this is that it may be very maintenance intensive; I'm assuming I'm going to have to manage a lot of additional user accounts. I also don't know if I can set up granular control that will allow clients to only control individual machines or groups of them, and prevent access to the rest.

Is this doable? What are the pros and cons, and can I make it secure enough that we can use our current CC server for our use and theirs, or will I need two CC servers for best operation, each with their own client?
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:37:04 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Yes, you can setup user accounts that only have access to certain machines (or certain groups of machines) But your issue will be that SC works on a concurrent license pricing structure, and that setup would require a lot of concurrent licenses.
Graeme  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:40:34 PM(UTC)
Graeme

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It is very doable, but I not sure the licensing of ScreenConnect allows you to do this. Can someone confirm?
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:44:30 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
So way back in the day @Graeme would be correct in a very specific scenario, although around roughly 5.5ish(very -ish) we now allow it.

So you are fine to offer this service to your customers.
ScreenConnect Team
joshgay  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:57:03 PM(UTC)
joshgay

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Take a look at the not entirely ready for prime time Remote Workforce extension.... the executeable portion doesn't work, and some of the config is broken (varies by version of SC you are running in 6.3/6.4), but manages the security through 1 group and one session group with granular control per machine for 1 or more users. http://forum.screenconne...71_Remote-Workforce.aspx