logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carl0s  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:21:21 PM(UTC)
carl0s

United Kingdom

Hi.

I wonder if you might consider a tweak to the 'medium quality' display algorithm ?

Gridlines disappear, greys are lost etc.

Low quality (grey) is fine, high quality is fine, but medium is difficult to use in some circumstances.

I wonder if a simple tweak could be made to the contrast scheme or something? Just a suggestion anyway.

See below comparisons.

low quality: all looks good
UserPostedImage

medium quality: section areas all merged together, borders lost, the paste icon in Excel is half missing, etc.
UserPostedImage

high quality: great of course:
UserPostedImage
myers6mm  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:55:02 PM(UTC)
myers6mm

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have to agree, I've struggled with this myself. I have my default connection set to medium, but have to bounce back and forth due to visibility issues.
Scott  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 11:47:45 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 261 post(s)
So, I can definitely agree that this is one area where the Medium screen capture quality is worse than Low quality. Because of the decision to limit which colors to include (in order to improve speed) we're leaving out that specific gray which Windows uses to draw those lines.

As you kind of mentioned this falls somewhere in between being a bug and a feature request but I will register something regardless. I can't guarantee that it's something we can make a change upon (or when), but I can at least ensure it gets discussed.
ScreenConnect Team
carl0s  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:19:17 PM(UTC)
carl0s

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
So, I can definitely agree that this is one area where the Medium screen capture quality is worse than Low quality. Because of the decision to limit which colors to include (in order to improve speed) we're leaving out that specific gray which Windows uses to draw those lines.

As you kind of mentioned this falls somewhere in between being a bug and a feature request but I will register something regardless. I can't guarantee that it's something we can make a change upon (or when), but I can at least ensure it gets discussed.

Thanks.

I'm sure you guys know what works best, but I wonder if you could have medium just be additive to the greys from low. So you have all the greys that are in Low, plus whatever colours.