logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chriscamp  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 1:31:21 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It may be me, but it feels like development have been slowing significantly in recent months? Looking back at the 6.2 and 6.3 release logs, it seems like we were on a 1-2 week release cadence, and recently that appears to have dropped to monthly? Is there a reason for the change of pace?

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:36:40 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
It's certainly possible but I don't really think so. If you look at 6.4 we've added some pretty significant features that required a significant amount of time to not only get right but also to QA. For example, we added the ability to connect to and interact with headless Linux servers via interaction with the frame buffer. This feature alone took weeks of development and QA time but if you ask me it was certainly worth the effort.

I think what you're mostly talking about is the infrequency that pre-release builds have been posted/made available to the community. This is likely due to our inclusion of a pre-release network of partners who typically receive alpha builds before we even consider making them public.

Also it doesn't necessarily help our process when the Build Master goes to Hawaii for an entire week and doesn't even take any of the rest of us with him.

So, I'll agree that there's less activity on the Output Stream, but development itself hasn't really slowed. We're just starting to take on larger projects and add more intricate features since we finally have a development team large enough to afford the time.
ScreenConnect Team
nobody961  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:59:28 PM(UTC)
nobody961

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
It's certainly possible but I don't really think so. If you look at 6.4 we've added some pretty significant features that required a significant amount of time to not only get right but also to QA. For example, we added the ability to connect to and interact with headless Linux servers via interaction with the frame buffer. This feature alone took weeks of development and QA time but if you ask me it was certainly worth the effort.

I think what you're mostly talking about is the infrequency that pre-release builds have been posted/made available to the community. This is likely due to our inclusion of a pre-release network of partners who typically receive alpha builds before we even consider making them public.

Also it doesn't necessarily help our process when the Build Master goes to Hawaii for an entire week and doesn't even take any of the rest of us with him.

So, I'll agree that there's less activity on the Output Stream, but development itself hasn't really slowed. We're just starting to take on larger projects and add more intricate features since we finally have a development team large enough to afford the time.

In contrast to the Topic starter, I appreciate it if development of new Major Versions is slowed down. Better produce Quality and iron out bugs of the current version before releasing new features.
TIA.