logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luke05478  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 2:18:20 AM(UTC)
luke05478

United States

Hello, trying to setup a netbook with Lubuntu (or Xubuntu if that would work better) so that I can remote into it from my Windows 10 laptop. I was able to install the .deb client from the "build +" function when signed in to our instance, but when it the icon shows up at the bottom of the lubuntu screen it has a red dot, and the status is "waiting to retry..." the error message is "Could not initialize class javax.crypto.jceSecurity" I have been searching for almost a whole day looking through this forum and google and most of what I find is related to isntalling the on-premesis server (i'm using the cloud based version by the way) and the few things I could find about installing the client(service?....whatevers needed to remote in..) it seems as most have been succesful or the post is 4+ years old
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:55:02 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luke05478 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, trying to setup a netbook with Lubuntu (or Xubuntu if that would work better) so that I can remote into it from my Windows 10 laptop. I was able to install the .deb client from the "build +" function when signed in to our instance, but when it the icon shows up at the bottom of the lubuntu screen it has a red dot, and the status is "waiting to retry..." the error message is "Could not initialize class javax.crypto.jceSecurity" I have been searching for almost a whole day looking through this forum and google and most of what I find is related to isntalling the on-premesis server (i'm using the cloud based version by the way) and the few things I could find about installing the client(service?....whatevers needed to remote in..) it seems as most have been succesful or the post is 4+ years old

Good morning!

Can you update this thread with a few more details:

1) What version of Lubuntu are you using?
2) What version of Control are you using?
3) What version of Java is installed on the Lubuntu machine?

Cheers,

Ben

ScreenConnect Team