logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dickieong  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 2:46:22 AM(UTC)
dickieong

I had installed ScreenConnect version 6.4
After finished the Setup Wizard, I tried to login "Administrator", It kept to prompt up "The requested resource requires authentication. Please login to continue".
The Url showed "http://umrs_tmp:8040/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fHost&Reason=6".

Then I tried to reset the ScreenConnect with changed the "IsSetup" to false in web.config file.
But the problem still happen, Is there anybody has the same issue as me?
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 5:06:06 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dickieong Go to Quoted Post
After finished the Setup Wizard, I tried to login "Administrator", It kept to prompt up "The requested resource requires authentication. Please login to continue".

Then I tried to reset the ScreenConnect with changed the "IsSetup" to false in web.config file.

Good afternoon,

Did you encounter this behavior after upgrading a Linux server from 6.3 to 6.4.15002?

After you set IsSetup to false in web.config, were you able to reenter an admin username and password?

Also, could you provide additional details about your server, including server OS and upgrade path (e.g., from which version did you upgrade)?

Cheers,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
mjp2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:15:52 PM(UTC)
mjp2

United States

Originally Posted by: dickieong Go to Quoted Post

It's been about a week since you posted your question. Have you had any luck finding a resolution?

I'm seeing the same behavior, albeit on a different OS version. I'm attempting to get things running on Windows Server 2016. The login is successful but simply reloads the login page with the "The requested resource requires authentication. Please login to continue." message.

Intentionally entering invalid credentials returns the "Invalid password. Please try again." messaging, as expected. Entering the correct credentials reloads the login page without the "Invalid password" message.

If you got things working, could you post the solution? If not, could you answer the tech above so we can all figure out what's going on?

Thanks in advance.
mjp2  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:22:04 PM(UTC)
mjp2

United States

On a whim I attempted to access the administration page from a remote computer and it worked. For me, the behavior only appears when accessing the web page from the server hosting the software.

I'm able to proceed in my current environment by accessing the pages remotely. I just wanted to post this as a possible solution for anyone else experiencing the same issue.
Scott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:17:09 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
@mjp2 so you were seeing a security-related error when attempting to log into the Host page locally but not from a remote machine?

Also, it's hard to say what was OP's problem, I'm hoping he comes back and answers @Ben B's questions.
ScreenConnect Team
mjp2  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:41:15 PM(UTC)
mjp2

United States

That's the rub -- it wasn't throwing any errors when authenticating locally. It was accepting the credentials and recognized when they were correct but just wasn't moving me along to the next page.

Would definitely be nice to hear back from OP on this one.

BTW, I really appreciate your quick response to this thread. It's nice to know that posted questions aren't just being tossed into the void. :)
thebrittishguy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:19:36 PM(UTC)
thebrittishguy

South Africa

Hi All

we had this problem across all our users, it seemed that resetting the password created a fresh password hash which is created.
After previous upgrades the hash was either not created or blank.

once we went back to the backup before upgrade, reset each users password, and upgrade from there - all seems well.

i hope this helps someone
dickieong  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 3:19:38 AM(UTC)
dickieong

@all

I finally found out the problem, it was related to the Internet Explorer, I had tried to install Chrome browser, it works for me, so it might related on the setting of Internet Explorer, I am still looking for the problem of IE setting.

Thanks all of your help.

Edited by user Friday, October 27, 2017 3:20:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Marion Karstetter  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:13:00 AM(UTC)
Marion Karstetter

United States

That is the problem -- it was not throwing any kind of bathmate errors when confirming locally. It had been taking the experience and identified when they were correct but just was not shifting me along to the hydromax pump page.

Would certainly be great to hear back from OP on this one.

By the way, I must say I I appreciate you for fast reaction to this line. It is great to understand that submitted questions are not just being to the void. :)