logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Runar  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 11:57:04 AM(UTC)
Runar

Norway

We're using an external database (MS SQL) for our ScreenConnect, mainly because of performance. It all works fine except when we lose connection to the SQL server (for example when a firewall does a failover). ScreenConnect does not seem to be able to reconnect to the SQL server. We get no error in Windows Event Viewer, only get the error message "Invalid operation. The connection is closed" on the actual website.

Does anyone have any tips to how we can improve the reconnect functionality? Or somehow log the event, so that we can create an alarm?

We are on 6.2 (thinking about updating to 6.4 soon) and ScreenConnect is running on a Windows Server 2012 R2.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:05:39 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
So, the root issue here is that since we package our own Database Provider natively we "cheat" and assume that the connection will never be lost and thus don't implement a way to reconnect without restarting the services to renegotiate the connection.

After briefly looking at the code it wasn't super obvious how to implement this within the current architecture but I certainly agree it's something we can handle a bit better even though we don't officially support other providers. With that said I've registered a bug for the topic within our tracker so that we can take a closer look once time/priority allows. I don't have an ETA on when we would be able to implement anything, however.
ScreenConnect Team