logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HDClown  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:52:02 PM(UTC)
HDClown

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a few users recently given access to host support sessions and they do not have administrative access on their local computer. When they tried to join a session at host, they were prompted for administrative credentials to install the client.

Is this normal behavior? Will the client be able to update itself when we update ScreenConnect, or will these users be prompted for administrative credentials again?

Is there a supported way for me to deploy the host client to cover non-administrative users so that it won't impact any potential auto updating mechanisms? I have tools to remotely deploy software, I'm more specifically asking about ScreenConnect side of things. What file do I need to deploy, does it have to be packaged a certain way, certain install flags required, etc.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 1:13:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
So, in order to join a session as a Host, we have provided several methods ranging from a "native" NPAPI ClickOnce method to some java based methods to a protocol handling method we call the WindowsSelector. The method that's being invoked here is the WindowsSelector which basically installs a small background application and registers itself as a protocol handler within the available internet browsers (just like what happens if you click on a link like email:// or itunes://)

This protocol handler does require administrative credentials to be installed, but it should only have to be installed once. In theory the Access client can also behave as a protocol handler, so if these machines have clients installed they should be able to utilize this functionality without a second installation.
ScreenConnect Team