logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjacksondb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:29:29 PM(UTC)
kjacksondb

United States

Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and this is my first post on the forum. We are looking to set up two-factor authentication for all of our ScreenConnect accounts. This isn't a problem for regular accounts but we have run into an issue setting up two-factor for the account that LabTech uses for ScreenConnect. Currently we are using the admin account (renamed of course) for Labtech's use of ScreenConnect but it essentially is just a service account. When we set up two-factor for the account we are no longer able to use ScreenConnect via LabTech as it isn't able to enter the OTP and returns an error. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can configure this or even some ideas on how we can control the logins for this account? An alternative such as limiting where this individual account can long in from would be perfectly fine. Thanks everyone.

-Kevin
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:39:26 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kjacksondb Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and this is my first post on the forum. We are looking to set up two-factor authentication for all of our ScreenConnect accounts. This isn't a problem for regular accounts but we have run into an issue setting up two-factor for the account that LabTech uses for ScreenConnect. Currently we are using the admin account (renamed of course) for Labtech's use of ScreenConnect but it essentially is just a service account. When we set up two-factor for the account we are no longer able to use ScreenConnect via LabTech as it isn't able to enter the OTP and returns an error. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can configure this or even some ideas on how we can control the logins for this account? An alternative such as limiting where this individual account can long in from would be perfectly fine. Thanks everyone.

-Kevin

Good morning Kevin,

I passed along your question/FR to one of my contacts at Automate. I will update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Regards,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
kjacksondb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:01:35 PM(UTC)
kjacksondb

United States

Thank you Ben, I really appreciate your help.